AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Shock replacement, test drive, almost killed... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2703)

Robrjt2 August 10th 04 11:02 PM

Shock replacement, test drive, almost killed...

the weight transfer to the front of the vehicle keep the tires firmly planted
when the vehicle stops rapidly as in a sudden stop (when stopping in a forwards
direction.) Shocks don't play a big deal

Wayne Johnson August 11th 04 02:18 AM

On 10 Aug 2004 22:02:15 GMT, (Robrjt2) wrote:

>the weight transfer to the front of the vehicle keep the tires firmly planted
>when the vehicle stops rapidly as in a sudden stop (when stopping in a forwards
>direction.) Shocks don't play a big deal

Good shocks prevent "nose-dive" problems that lighten the rear end,
and if equal in travel and return pressure, prevent torque-twisting
that can send you into a spin. They make a huge difference. I could
feel the difference.

Wayne "Emergency braking when going into a turn, for example" Johnson

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)