AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor - Activation codes from Trymedia (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=43820)

PJL September 20th 05 12:30 AM

rFactor - Activation codes from Trymedia

Anybody else having a problem trying to get activation codes from Trymedia?
I have been through their help system, responded with the details that they
requested and still no email with the activation code. They are responding
to the email address I used when I ordered, so I don't have them in my spam
filter. They have already charged my credit card, yet still no codes, it's
been over a week, I find that kind of service pretty lame.

Is Trymedia that busy that it takes them over 5 days to respond to email?

I'm getting ready to call my credit card company and cancel the charges from
Trymedia.

Dave September 20th 05 01:14 AM

"PJL" > wrote in message ...
> Anybody else having a problem trying to get activation codes from Trymedia?
> I have been through their help system, responded with the details that they
> requested and still no email with the activation code. They are responding
> to the email address I used when I ordered, so I don't have them in my spam
> filter. They have already charged my credit card, yet still no codes, it's
> been over a week, I find that kind of service pretty lame.
>
> Is Trymedia that busy that it takes them over 5 days to respond to email?
>
> I'm getting ready to call my credit card company and cancel the charges from
> Trymedia.

If you bought the download, just install it. If you made a mistake entering your email address then
you're screwed.

PJL September 20th 05 01:51 AM

Dave > wrote in message

> "PJL" > wrote in message

> > Anybody else having a problem trying to get activation codes from

Trymedia?
> > I have been through their help system, responded with the details that

they
> > requested and still no email with the activation code. They are

responding
> > to the email address I used when I ordered, so I don't have them in my

spam
> > filter. They have already charged my credit card, yet still no codes,

it's
> > been over a week, I find that kind of service pretty lame.
> >
> > Is Trymedia that busy that it takes them over 5 days to respond to

email?

> > I'm getting ready to call my credit card company and cancel the charges

from
> > Trymedia.

> If you bought the download, just install it. If you made a mistake

entering your email address then
> you're screwed.

Actually, they did have my proper email address, I was just getting nowhere
with my inquiries to their helpdesk. Having said that, I JUST received my
activation codes -- it helps to tell them that you will call your CC and
cancel the charges.

Peter September 20th 05 07:36 AM

2005-09-19, PJL wrote:
> Anybody else having a problem trying to get activation codes from Trymedia?
> I have been through their help system, responded with the details that they
> requested and still no email with the activation code. They are responding
> to the email address I used when I ordered, so I don't have them in my spam
> filter. They have already charged my credit card, yet still no codes, it's
> been over a week, I find that kind of service pretty lame.
>
> Is Trymedia that busy that it takes them over 5 days to respond to email?
>
> I'm getting ready to call my credit card company and cancel the charges from
> Trymedia.

I didn't get the regular email (ordered it two weeks ago), but I got it
though asking Trymedia for my payment details - you can get a summary
which includes the (well, a) number.

Last time I'll buy something through them...

-peter

Peter September 20th 05 07:37 AM

2005-09-20, PJL wrote:

>[...]
> Actually, they did have my proper email address, I was just getting nowhere
> with my inquiries to their helpdesk. Having said that, I JUST received my
> activation codes -- it helps to tell them that you will call your CC and
> cancel the charges.

Did you get more than one code?

-peter

PJL September 20th 05 12:13 PM

Peter > wrote in message
> 2005-09-19, PJL wrote:
> > Anybody else having a problem trying to get activation codes from

Trymedia?
> > I have been through their help system, responded with the details that

they
> > requested and still no email with the activation code. They are

responding
> > to the email address I used when I ordered, so I don't have them in my

spam
> > filter. They have already charged my credit card, yet still no codes,

it's
> > been over a week, I find that kind of service pretty lame.
> >
> > Is Trymedia that busy that it takes them over 5 days to respond to

email?

> > I'm getting ready to call my credit card company and cancel the charges

from
> > Trymedia.

> I didn't get the regular email (ordered it two weeks ago), but I got it
> though asking Trymedia for my payment details - you can get a summary
> which includes the (well, a) number.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tried that and I kept receiving emails telling me there was no record of my
purchase, yet their helpdesk had no problems finding me.

Anyway, issue resolved, will avoid using Trymedia like the plague.

PJL September 20th 05 12:14 PM

Peter > wrote in message
> 2005-09-20, PJL wrote:
> >
> >[...]
> > Actually, they did have my proper email address, I was just getting

nowhere
> > with my inquiries to their helpdesk. Having said that, I JUST received

my
> > activation codes -- it helps to tell them that you will call your CC and
> > cancel the charges.

> Did you get more than one code?

I guess they mean you can use the code 3 times before requesting another.

Peter September 21st 05 07:29 AM

2005-09-20, PJL wrote:

>> I didn't get the regular email (ordered it two weeks ago), but I got it
>> though asking Trymedia for my payment details - you can get a summary
>> which includes the (well, a) number.

> Tried that and I kept receiving emails telling me there was no record of my
> purchase, yet their helpdesk had no problems finding me.
>
> Anyway, issue resolved, will avoid using Trymedia like the plague.

Same here - they seem terribly disorganised. Glad it turned out ok this
time, but not something to repeat...

-peter