AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   People Don't Respond to Headlight Flashing? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=48913)

Mack North November 17th 05 06:43 PM

People Don't Respond to Headlight Flashing?

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 07:16:13 -0600, Ken Hall
> wrote:

>When I was a kid (Back when the earth was still cooling.), if you
>flashed your high beams at someone who had forgotten to turn on their
>headlights after dark they would almost always turn them on.
>
>In the last ten years I've probably signaled a hundred or so people
>under these conditions. Sometimes I turn my headlights off and on.
>People don't respond anymore -- they almost never turn on their
>lights. I've been successful maybe 2-3 times during this period.
>
>Why is this?

Because most American drivers are legally retarded.

Same deal with the ones who keep their left foot on the brake (you can
see their brake light on most of the time). Then you pass them and
they usually have their brights on, too.

Of course the cops do nothing about them.

---Mack