AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Accord 91 error codes (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=391846)

[email protected] September 8th 13 01:48 AM

Accord 91 error codes

Hello all,

The check engine light of my 91 Accord has been coming on intermittently for the past few weeks. Upon jumping the service check connector, I'm receiving the following error codes:

ECU code 17 (vehicle speed sensor)
ECU code 41 (oxygen sensor heater)
S light gives 4 short flashes (I'm assuming this is TCU code 4, and don't what that means)

Can anyone tell me what TCU code 4 means? I replaced the vehicle speed sensor a year ago (with an inexpensive one from eBay), and the TCU unit a few years ago (with a refurbished one). The speedometer and transmission seem to work fine, and the car runs like it used to.

Given the age of the car, would you recommend that I just ignore the check engine light, and keep driving for now?

Thank you,
Fijoy

Tegger[_4_] September 9th 13 03:00 PM

Accord 91 error codes

wrote in
:

> Hello all,
>
> The check engine light of my 91 Accord has been coming on
> intermittently for the past few weeks. Upon jumping the service check
> connector, I'm receiving the following error codes:
>
> ECU code 17 (vehicle speed sensor)
> ECU code 41 (oxygen sensor heater)
> S light gives 4 short flashes (I'm assuming this is TCU code 4, and
> don't what that means)
>
> Can anyone tell me what TCU code 4 means? I replaced the vehicle speed
> sensor a year ago (with an inexpensive one from eBay), and the TCU
> unit a few years ago (with a refurbished one). The speedometer and
> transmission seem to work fine, and the car runs like it used to.

"S" light code 4 is
- faulty speed sensor
- short or open in speed sensor wire
- disconnected sensor coupler

Your 4 and 17 are likely related to the same problem.

> Given the age of the car, would you recommend that I just ignore the
> check engine light, and keep driving for now?

If there are no symptoms other than the error codes and the vehicle drives
normally, then you can ignore the codes.

--
Tegger

[email protected] September 19th 13 02:54 AM

Accord 91 error codes

Thank you, Tegger.