AutoBanter

-   General (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fog on winshield (inside) during winter (97 Accord) (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15845)

[email protected] December 14th 04 05:06 AM

Fog on winshield (inside) during winter (97 Accord)

I have a 97 Honda Accord. I recently moved from a much warmer climate
to michigan where the winters are brutal. Often, I get a buildup of fog
on the inside windshield, sometimes frosty as well. It can take the
climate control cracked on high almost 30 minutes before it clears up.
I tried it with and without the AC button engaged and both with recirc
and fresh air. It doesnt make much of a difference. I keep a rag in my
car to wipe the fog off, but it often just smears it, and often it
re-appears. Does anyone else experience such a problem? Is this a flaw
with the Accord climate control? Are there any solutions?

SoCalMike December 14th 04 05:16 AM

wrote:
> I have a 97 Honda Accord. I recently moved from a much warmer climate
> to michigan where the winters are brutal. Often, I get a buildup of fog
> on the inside windshield, sometimes frosty as well. It can take the
> climate control cracked on high almost 30 minutes before it clears up.
> I tried it with and without the AC button engaged and both with recirc
> and fresh air. It doesnt make much of a difference.

if it doesnt work with the temp set to "hot" and the AC on, you cant
really do much else.

leroy December 14th 04 12:20 PM

"SoCalMike" > wrote in message
> wrote:
> > I have a 97 Honda Accord. I recently moved from a much warmer climate
> > to michigan where the winters are brutal. Often, I get a buildup of fog
> > on the inside windshield, sometimes frosty as well. It can take the
> > climate control cracked on high almost 30 minutes before it clears up.
> > I tried it with and without the AC button engaged and both with recirc
> > and fresh air. It doesnt make much of a difference.

> if it doesnt work with the temp set to "hot" and the AC on, you cant
> really do much else.

Maybe one other. Open the window. Chances are the matching temp and
humid reduction would work wonders.

Mike Romain December 14th 04 02:33 PM

The inside steam is caused by wet carpets.

You need to fix the holes in your floor so the carpet will dry out. Or
if it is just from tracked in slush, get a rubber mat that holds the
water so you can pour it out or pick it up frozen and dump it.

You can leave a couple windows cracked open, this will help dissipate
the humidity, but as long as the carpets are wet, you will have
troubles.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

[email protected] December 14th 04 04:55 PM

It could also be a bad heater core. When the leak they put steam into
the heating/ac system.

Mike Romain December 14th 04 08:21 PM

There is usually a pretty obvious smell associated with that....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

[email protected] December 14th 04 09:47 PM

Sometimes, sometimes not. Its worth a check.

Peter H December 14th 04 11:58 PM

wrote:
> I have a 97 Honda Accord. I recently moved from a much warmer climate
> to michigan where the winters are brutal. Often, I get a buildup of fog
> on the inside windshield, sometimes frosty as well. It can take the
> climate control cracked on high almost 30 minutes before it clears up.
> I tried it with and without the AC button engaged and both with recirc
> and fresh air. It doesnt make much of a difference. I keep a rag in my
> car to wipe the fog off, but it often just smears it, and often it
> re-appears. Does anyone else experience such a problem? Is this a flaw
> with the Accord climate control? Are there any solutions?

I'll vote for the heater core.

Peter H

[email protected] December 15th 04 12:09 AM

Sometimes, sometimes not. Its worth a check.

Mike Romain December 15th 04 02:51 PM

True, it's easy enough to see if the rad fluid is also low. I have just
owned enough rust buckets to have lots of wet carpet experience. LOL!

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's