AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   166 2.5 Questions (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=164292)

Catman June 8th 07 12:37 PM

166 2.5 Questions

Well, it's a big old car. Not had much chance to use it yet, but it's
in condition as described. All the buttons seem to work and it shifts
acceptably well ;)

Couple of bits of trim missing off the back console (not that I'm ever
likely to set in the back) and the cowl for the driver's seat height
adjustment is a bit loose.

More worryingly, no CD changer!!!! How do I sort that in a fortnight?

Suggestions, please.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
Suzuki Bandit 600
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

GT[_1_] June 8th 07 12:55 PM

166 2.5 Questions

"Catman" > wrote in message
. ..
> Well, it's a big old car. Not had much chance to use it yet, but it's in
> condition as described. All the buttons seem to work and it shifts
> acceptably well ;)
>
> Couple of bits of trim missing off the back console (not that I'm ever
> likely to set in the back) and the cowl for the driver's seat height
> adjustment is a bit loose.
>
> More worryingly, no CD changer!!!! How do I sort that in a fortnight?
>
> Suggestions, please.

1. New head unit with MP3 cd capability - shuv all your favourite tracks
onto 1 or 2 CDs and stick it on random.

2. How about one of those MP3 thingys with FM transmitter - plug it into
your cigarette lighter, tune in the FM and stick it on random.

3. Walkman / ipod / personal mp3 player

4. keep changing disks yourself

5. Sing

6. Get someone else to sing.

7. Listen to the engine

Catman June 8th 07 01:14 PM

166 2.5 Questions

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Well, it's a big old car. Not had much chance to use it yet, but it's in
>> condition as described. All the buttons seem to work and it shifts
>> acceptably well ;)
>>
>> Couple of bits of trim missing off the back console (not that I'm ever
>> likely to set in the back) and the cowl for the driver's seat height
>> adjustment is a bit loose.
>>
>> More worryingly, no CD changer!!!! How do I sort that in a fortnight?
>>
>> Suggestions, please.

> 1. New head unit with MP3 cd capability - shuv all your favourite tracks
> onto 1 or 2 CDs and stick it on random.

New head unit might be tricky on this. It's all integrated.

> 2. How about one of those MP3 thingys with FM transmitter - plug it into
> your cigarette lighter, tune in the FM and stick it on random.

Ahh, that might be the one

> 3. Walkman / ipod / personal mp3 player

The wife will be upset

> 4. keep changing disks yourself

No CD player at all...

> 5. Sing

God, no.

> 6. Get someone else to sing.

Ahh now she can sing :)

> 7. Listen to the engine

Even better :)

GT[_1_] June 8th 07 01:20 PM

166 2.5 Questions

"Catman" > wrote in message
. ..
> GT wrote:
>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> Well, it's a big old car. Not had much chance to use it yet, but it's
>>> in condition as described. All the buttons seem to work and it shifts
>>> acceptably well ;)
>>>
>>> Couple of bits of trim missing off the back console (not that I'm ever
>>> likely to set in the back) and the cowl for the driver's seat height
>>> adjustment is a bit loose.
>>>
>>> More worryingly, no CD changer!!!! How do I sort that in a fortnight?
>>>
>>> Suggestions, please.

>> 1. New head unit with MP3 cd capability - shuv all your favourite tracks
>> onto 1 or 2 CDs and stick it on random.
>>

> New head unit might be tricky on this. It's all integrated.
>
>> 2. How about one of those MP3 thingys with FM transmitter - plug it into
>> your cigarette lighter, tune in the FM and stick it on random.

> Ahh, that might be the one
>>
>> 3. Walkman / ipod / personal mp3 player

> The wife will be upset

But you won't have to hear her complaining!

Jim[_2_] June 8th 07 01:37 PM

166 2.5 Questions

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> 1. New head unit with MP3 cd capability - shuv all your favourite tracks
>>> onto 1 or 2 CDs and stick it on random.
>>>

>> New head unit might be tricky on this. It's all integrated.
>>
>>> 2. How about one of those MP3 thingys with FM transmitter - plug it into
>>> your cigarette lighter, tune in the FM and stick it on random.

>> Ahh, that might be the one
>>> 3. Walkman / ipod / personal mp3 player

>> The wife will be upset

> But you won't have to hear her complaining!

You do all realise you're nuts right?

Lol Jim

Catman June 8th 07 02:35 PM

166 2.5 Questions

Jim wrote:
> GT wrote:
>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> New head unit might be tricky on this. It's all integrated.

>>> Ahh, that might be the one
>>> The wife will be upset

>> But you won't have to hear her complaining!
>>

> You do all realise you're nuts right?

Yes :)

GT[_1_] June 8th 07 02:39 PM

166 2.5 Questions

"Jim" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> New head unit might be tricky on this. It's all integrated.

>>> Ahh, that might be the one
>>> The wife will be upset

>> But you won't have to hear her complaining!

> You do all realise you're nuts right?

What wrong with my nuts?

GT[_1_] June 8th 07 02:40 PM

166 2.5 Questions

You'll need to update that sig now!

Catman June 8th 07 02:55 PM

166 2.5 Questions

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> GT wrote:
>>> "Catman" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> 1. New head unit with MP3 cd capability - shuv all your favourite tracks
>>> onto 1 or 2 CDs and stick it on random.
>>>

>> New head unit might be tricky on this. It's all integrated.
>>
>>> 2. How about one of those MP3 thingys with FM transmitter - plug it into
>>> your cigarette lighter, tune in the FM and stick it on random.

>> Ahh, that might be the one
>>> 3. Walkman / ipod / personal mp3 player

>> The wife will be upset

> But you won't have to hear her complaining!

That has a strangely compelling attraction.

Zathras June 8th 07 10:32 PM

166 2.5 Questions

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:14:18 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

>No CD player at all...

You're kidding! Even the 156 had a standard fit single CD player by
2001. I'm amazed..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)