AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Audi A4 Avant rear hatch jams when hot (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=356245)

malcolm July 9th 10 01:58 PM

Audi A4 Avant rear hatch jams when hot

My Audi A4 Avant 04 plate

When the sun is on the rear end and it gats hot I cannot open the lid . Its
seems as if its jaming the central locking system. The rest of the doors
unlock ok and are not effected.

Anybody had the same experience

Regards
Malcolm

Mark[_35_] July 9th 10 04:18 PM

Audi A4 Avant rear hatch jams when hot

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 13:58:48 +0100, "malcolm"
> wrote:

>My Audi A4 Avant 04 plate
>
>When the sun is on the rear end and it gats hot I cannot open the lid . Its
>seems as if its jaming the central locking system. The rest of the doors
>unlock ok and are not effected.

I would guess the door fit is not ideal and the heat causes the door
to expand and jam. It may just be a case of adjusting the hinges. If
you bought it from a dealer recently they should fix this FoC IMHO.
--
(\__/) M.