AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Adjusting headlights on C6 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=346899)

brian January 15th 10 08:06 PM

Adjusting headlights on C6

I am lucky enough to own an 06 C6 coupe and use it primarily as a
cruiser, often with a very stuffed trunk. Because of its laser like
head lights folks really tend to notice when we approach each other at
night. Lots of flashing. When running lite the flashing is no more
than I get with any other of my cars, but loaded up complaint is
guaranteed.

I asked at my dealership during my $180 oil change if they could do
this, but after getting a $50 estimate I declined. So, I think that if
I just adjust them down a bit myself peace will be mine.

Humm? Not so apparent what or where to make this adjustment (now I
wish I had bought that manual). Could anyone point me in the right
direction with making this adjustment?

Thanks, brian

Dad[_1_] January 15th 10 11:33 PM

Adjusting headlights on C6

"brian" > wrote in message
>I am lucky enough to own an 06 C6 coupe and use it primarily as a
> cruiser, often with a very stuffed trunk. Because of its laser like
> head lights folks really tend to notice when we approach each other
> at
> night. Lots of flashing. When running lite the flashing is no more
> than I get with any other of my cars, but loaded up complaint is
> guaranteed.
>

> I asked at my dealership during my $180 oil change if they could do
> this, but after getting a $50 estimate I declined. So, I think that
> if
> I just adjust them down a bit myself peace will be mine.
>
> Humm? Not so apparent what or where to make this adjustment (now I
> wish I had bought that manual). Could anyone point me in the right
> direction with making this adjustment?
>
> Thanks, brian

Open the hood and look on the interfender panel in line with the
headlight module. There is a 3/4 diameter hole in the panel about an
inch down from the top edge. If you shine a light in there you will
see a hex for an Allen wrench. Looks to be about 3/16 or something
close in a metric size.

brian January 16th 10 01:14 AM

Adjusting headlights on C6

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:33:49 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>"brian" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I am lucky enough to own an 06 C6 coupe and use it primarily as a
>> cruiser, often with a very stuffed trunk. Because of its laser like
>> head lights folks really tend to notice when we approach each other
>> at
>> night. Lots of flashing. When running lite the flashing is no more
>> than I get with any other of my cars, but loaded up complaint is
>> guaranteed.
>>

>> I asked at my dealership during my $180 oil change if they could do
>> this, but after getting a $50 estimate I declined. So, I think that
>> if
>> I just adjust them down a bit myself peace will be mine.
>>
>> Humm? Not so apparent what or where to make this adjustment (now I
>> wish I had bought that manual). Could anyone point me in the right
>> direction with making this adjustment?
>>
>> Thanks, brian

>Open the hood and look on the interfender panel in line with the
>headlight module. There is a 3/4 diameter hole in the panel about an
>inch down from the top edge. If you shine a light in there you will
>see a hex for an Allen wrench. Looks to be about 3/16 or something
>close in a metric size.

And I will never blind you again :-)

thanks, brian