AutoBanter

-   General (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "A statement on wheels: Hummer" (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15366)

Mike April 22nd 04 02:16 PM

"A statement on wheels: Hummer"

A statement on wheels
The Hummer is a moving "Get Out of My Way" sign, a 16-foot-long
behemoth that its critics — and there are plenty — call
ostentatious and irresponsible. And who is behind that smoked glass,
under the sloped, angular roof that appears to be frowning at peasants
in lesser vehicles?
at http://www.washtimes.com/culture/200...2421-7374r.htm

Zak McGregor April 22nd 04 03:21 PM

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:16:18 +0200, Mike <"Mike" >>
wrote:

> A statement on wheels
> The Hummer is a moving "Get Out of My Way" sign

More like a massive "I've got a teensy dick" sign if you ask me...

Ciao

Zak

http://www.carfolio.com/ Searchable database of 10 000+ car specs

Geoff Miller April 28th 04 07:45 PM

Somebody quoted:

>> A statement on wheels The Hummer is a moving "Get Out
>> of My Way" sign

Zak McGregor > responds:

> More like a massive "I've got a teensy dick" sign if you
> ask me...

It's interesting how many people buy into the idea of large
SUVs being psychological penis enhancers, considering that
the market for the things is overwhelmingly female.

Of course, being good liberals and all, these same naysayers
would probably bristle at the idea of stereotyping people in
other contexts. Go figure...

Geoff

--
"When life hands you a lemon, pull