AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT - Had a really weird game install problem. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17337)

elrikk October 29th 04 03:27 AM

OT - Had a really weird game install problem.

Sorry for the OT post but the posters of RAS seem much more helpfull then
most of usenet.

/suckup mode OFF ;o)

OK.

1) Tried to install Tiger Wood s 2005 from my cd drive = cyc. redun. check
error. Install aborted and I thought it could be a bad disc.

2) Tried to install from my dvd drive same error on the same file. So I
became more convinced it was a bad disc.

Just before repacking the game and trudging back to exchange it I tried one
more desperate ploy.

3) Dragged the install cd to a dir called "disc 1" and then launched the
install from there. It went flawlessly and then asked for the remaining
cd's to be put in the cd drive from whence the install continued to
completion.

Game runs fine.

Anyone have a clue as to what might cause this type of behaviour ? I'm
stumped.

Elrikk

PS. The error was on a video file being unpacked from a .cab file; if that
info is of any help.

Mike Beauchamp October 29th 04 03:32 AM

maybe you had **** on the disk at first, and it came off later?

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

.. .

Dave Henrie October 29th 04 04:15 AM

"elrikk" > wrote in
:

<snippage>
> Game runs fine.
>
> Anyone have a clue as to what might cause this type of behaviour ?
> I'm stumped.
>
> Elrikk
>
> PS. The error was on a video file being unpacked from a .cab file;
> if that info is of any help.

I'd be willing to bet my gall bladder that copy protection was the
culprit. Most likely your drives, while capable of playing cdroms, and
Dvds could not meet the overly strict parameters for the copy protection.
ooh...a cd burner...the user MUST be trying to burn the disk...
double oooh...a dvd drive...user MUST be a pirate.

dave henrie

Asgeir Nesoen October 29th 04 02:30 PM

Hehe, you'll easily survive without your gall bladder, but you'll crap
like ****. Hehehe

---Asgeir---