AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What is the current FFB Wheel of choice? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17507)

Mike Armstrong November 30th 04 10:32 AM

What is the current FFB Wheel of choice?

Hi all,

It's time to replace my aging gameport based MSFF wheel.

What do you recommend as an affordable replacement? Any issues to be
aware of with USB etc...

Cheers

Mike

Daniel Flinkmann November 30th 04 10:54 AM

Mike Armstrong wrote:
> It's time to replace my aging gameport based MSFF wheel.
>
> What do you recommend as an affordable replacement? Any issues to be
> aware of with USB etc...

Hi Mike,

Get a Logitech Driving Force PRO ... It works great on a PC.

Daniel

Steve Smith November 30th 04 01:20 PM

PLUS it works great on a PS2...particularly w. GT3 and--soon--GT4.

. ..

Michael Ziegler November 30th 04 04:13 PM

Mike Armstrong schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> It's time to replace my aging gameport based MSFF wheel.
>
> What do you recommend as an affordable replacement? Any issues to be
> aware of with USB etc...
>

> Cheers
>
> Mike

My new Thrustmaster Enzo FF works well with GPL and GTR. Itīs much
cheaper than the Logitech.

Michael

Alan Gauton November 30th 04 04:49 PM

In article >, says...
> Mike Armstrong schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> >=20
> > It's time to replace my aging gameport based MSFF wheel.
> >=20
> > What do you recommend as an affordable replacement? Any issues to be
> > aware of with USB etc...
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > Cheers
> >=20
> > Mike

>=20
> My new Thrustmaster Enzo FF works well with GPL and GTR. It=3D3Fs much=20
> cheaper than the Logitech.

And if you can find one they're very cheap in the UK - I paid =A330 for=20
mine a couple of months ago, at which point they promptly dropped to=20
=A320.

--=20
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!=20
=09=09=09=09=09 (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

Steve Smith November 30th 04 08:24 PM

Izzat the one that's not avail in the US?

Ted D. December 1st 04 07:36 PM

Mike Armstrong > wrote in message >. ..
> Hi all,
>
> It's time to replace my aging gameport based MSFF wheel.
>
> What do you recommend as an affordable replacement? Any issues to be
> aware of with USB etc...
>

> Cheers
>
> Mike

Hmmm...my ancient Logitech Wingman Formula Force wheel (all-red rubber
covered) is still working like a champ. ;) It was USB from day one.

If you're not going to get a Logitech MOMO Raching wheel, I would say
a good-condition Original Formula Force isn't a bad alternative.

And pretty cheap on ebay. :)

Philip Ford December 3rd 04 06:04 AM

Snip

"> Hi Mike,

> Get a Logitech Driving Force PRO ... It works great on a PC.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Will be getting this wheel for Xmas for my son :) for his PS2
at the moment I use the old red logi on my pc.

Just wondering will I have to download different drivers or
can I use the same ones as old red? Could you let me know which
drivers you use.

Also if I d\load different drivers will it mess up the ones for old red
wheel.

Tia
Regards Phil.

Daniel Flinkmann December 3rd 04 12:07 PM

Philip Ford wrote:

>> Get a Logitech Driving Force PRO ... It works great on a PC.

> Will be getting this wheel for Xmas for my son :) for his PS2
> at the moment I use the old red logi on my pc.
>
> Just wondering will I have to download different drivers or
> can I use the same ones as old red? Could you let me know which
> drivers you use.
>
> Also if I d\load different drivers will it mess up the ones for old red
> wheel.

Hi Phil,

it's the same driver, since its a familydriver for all MOMO, Driving Force
and Formula (force) GP Wheels.

If you need to reinstall, just click every time like you would download for
the MOMO-Racing Force. The Driver will fit perfectly.

Daniel

Zuke! December 4th 04 02:25 AM

Since it has a USB connect, do you know if the Logitech MOMO wheel
will work with a PS2?

Saw one at Best Buy and I liked the wheel's grip/feel and especially
liked the little spikes in the pedal unit to keep it from moving
forward.

Thanks

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:07:47 +0100, Daniel Flinkmann