AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gatso Speed cameras avoiding the fine (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=52112)

[email protected] December 24th 05 07:13 PM

Gatso Speed cameras avoiding the fine

Hello .

I recently received a Notice of intended prosecution about speeding (43
Mph exceeding 30 on restricted road) caught on a GATSO camera the time
was 01:21 and no cars where in the road at all I was new in this area
and I didn't pay attention to the camera warning signs .
I am asked to provide information about the driver (which it was me) .
However I thought to provide information about a friend in Spain and
give his address saying for example that he was visting.( I am from
Spain originally) .My friend said that he doesn't mind and he will
never pay any fines .
But is this possible??or am I going to be questioned by letting him
drive my car?my friend has insurance from spain and driving license.
Are they going to be any consequences on me?
The flash of the camera came from theback but does anyone knows if
there are pictures showing the face?
Any advices?
Has anyone done this before? If I decide to pay the ticket how much
will be the charge and when is the time limit that I have to pay it?
Thanks a lot

Ivan

John Gaquin December 24th 05 10:35 PM

Gatso Speed cameras avoiding the fine

> wrote in message
>
> I recently received a Notice of intended prosecution about speeding (43

to whether or not you should enter into a conspiracy to commit fraud, and
then to commit the fraud.

And you say there was no one else on the road? No MFFYs or LLBs to blame it
on?

Pay the damned fine. You earned it. Next time you see a sign warning of a
camera, perhaps you'll take note.

Merry Christmas!

Arif Khokar December 25th 05 02:38 AM

wrote:
> Hello .
>
> I recently received a Notice of intended prosecution about speeding (43
> Mph exceeding 30 on restricted road) caught on a GATSO camera the time
> was 01:21 and no cars where in the road at all I was new in this area
> and I didn't pay attention to the camera warning signs .

I suggest reposting this to uk.rec.driving.

Alex Rodriguez December 25th 05 04:10 AM

Gatso Speed cameras avoiding the fine

In article .com>,
says...

>Hello .
>
>I recently received a Notice of intended prosecution about speeding (43
>Mph exceeding 30 on restricted road) caught on a GATSO camera the time
>was 01:21 and no cars where in the road at all I was new in this area
>and I didn't pay attention to the camera warning signs .
>I am asked to provide information about the driver (which it was me) .
>However I thought to provide information about a friend in Spain and
>give his address saying for example that he was visting.( I am from
>Spain originally) .My friend said that he doesn't mind and he will
>never pay any fines .
>But is this possible??or am I going to be questioned by letting him
>drive my car?my friend has insurance from spain and driving license.
>Are they going to be any consequences on me?
>The flash of the camera came from theback but does anyone knows if
>there are pictures showing the face?
>Any advices?
>Has anyone done this before? If I decide to pay the ticket how much
>will be the charge and when is the time limit that I have to pay it?
>Thanks a lot

First thing to do is feign ignorance and ask them to send you all the evidence
they have so that you can try to figure out who was driving. Then you can
see if they have any face shots.
----------------
Alex

Pooh Bear December 25th 05 04:18 AM

Arif Khokar wrote:

> wrote:
> > Hello .
> >
> > I recently received a Notice of intended prosecution about speeding (43
> > Mph exceeding 30 on restricted road) caught on a GATSO camera the time
> > was 01:21 and no cars where in the road at all I was new in this area
> > and I didn't pay attention to the camera warning signs .

> I suggest reposting this to uk.rec.driving.

He did already and was soundly slapped.

Graham

Pooh Bear December 25th 05 06:56 AM

Alex Rodriguez wrote:

> In article .com>,
> says...
> >

> >Hello .
> >
> >I recently received a Notice of intended prosecution about speeding (43
> >Mph exceeding 30 on restricted road) caught on a GATSO camera the time
> >was 01:21 and no cars where in the road at all I was new in this area
> >and I didn't pay attention to the camera warning signs .
> >I am asked to provide information about the driver (which it was me) .
> >However I thought to provide information about a friend in Spain and
> >give his address saying for example that he was visting.( I am from
> >Spain originally) .My friend said that he doesn't mind and he will
> >never pay any fines .
> >But is this possible??or am I going to be questioned by letting him
> >drive my car?my friend has insurance from spain and driving license.
> >Are they going to be any consequences on me?
> >The flash of the camera came from theback but does anyone knows if
> >there are pictures showing the face?
> >Any advices?
> >Has anyone done this before? If I decide to pay the ticket how much
> >will be the charge and when is the time limit that I have to pay it?
> >Thanks a lot

> First thing to do is feign ignorance and ask them to send you all the evidence
> they have so that you can try to figure out who was driving. Then you can
> see if they have any face shots.

GATSO cameras don't take face shots.

The OP is therefore free to lie if he so feels and *might* get away with it. He
can expect enquiries to be made. Especially if his insurance is for him driving
only.

See what can happen if you lie though !

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me...ost_11000.html

" A PROFESSIONAL couple are £11,000 ( nearly USD 20,000 ) out of pocket after
they tried to dodge two £60 speeding fines by inventing a driver from Bulgaria to
fool police.....................

But investigating officer PC Mark Beales was unconvinced and contacted Interpol
and the British embassy in Sofia in an attempt to track down the
driver......................

Yesterday, the couple, from Moss Lane, Broadbottom, were ordered to pay a total of
£9,200 in fines and £1,900 in costs after they pleaded guilty to two counts of
perverting the course of justice. "

Graham

Daniel J. Stern December 25th 05 05:42 PM

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Pooh Bear wrote:

> See what can happen if you lie though !
> http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me...ost_11000.html
>
> " A PROFESSIONAL couple are £11,000 ( nearly USD 20,000 ) out of pocket
> after they tried to dodge two £60 speeding fines by inventing a driver
> from Bulgaria to fool police.

The postcard did 'em in. It was a stupid manoeuvre.

Ulf December 25th 05 08:10 PM

Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Pooh Bear wrote:
>
>> See what can happen if you lie though !
>> http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me...ost_11000.html
>>

>> " A PROFESSIONAL couple are £11,000 ( nearly USD 20,000 ) out of
>> pocket after they tried to dodge two £60 speeding fines by inventing a
>> driver from Bulgaria to fool police.

> The postcard did 'em in. It was a stupid manoeuvre.

Sure, but it should be the prosecutor's job to prove you were driving,
not yours to prove you were not.

Ulf

Bernd Felsche December 26th 05 02:37 AM

Ulf > writes:
>Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, Pooh Bear wrote:

>>> See what can happen if you lie though !
>>> http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/me...ost_11000.html

>>> " A PROFESSIONAL couple are £11,000 ( nearly USD 20,000 ) out of
>>> pocket after they tried to dodge two £60 speeding fines by inventing a
>>> driver from Bulgaria to fool police.

>> The postcard did 'em in. It was a stupid manoeuvre.

>Sure, but it should be the prosecutor's job to prove you were driving,
>not yours to prove you were not.

That's not how 'law enforcement' actually works.

Traffic laws, especially those that provide for expiation, often to
permit administrative streamlining because the number of offenders
is close to that of the total population, have the presumption of
guilt based on dubious, prima facie evidence.
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | German words of the year 2005:
X against HTML mail | Bundeskanzlerin Tsunami Gammelfleisch
/ \ and postings | Sadly, in that order.

Dave December 26th 05 06:02 AM

Gatso Speed cameras avoiding the fine

> That's not how 'law enforcement' actually works.
>
> Traffic laws, especially those that provide for expiation, often to
> permit administrative streamlining because the number of offenders
> is close to that of the total population, have the presumption of
> guilt based on dubious, prima facie evidence.
> --

Sad, but true.