AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   update on problems with my 98 cobra (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=117450)

blk98cobra February 17th 07 11:02 PM

update on problems with my 98 cobra

I had posted earlier in the month about my 98 cobra running for about 5
minutes then quitting. I have replaced the fuel filter, and the idle
control valve, and wired my fuel pump straight up to keep running and car
still died but the pump still worked. Please help me figure out what this
might be I need help. Thanks

Jim Warman February 18th 07 12:30 AM

update on problems with my 98 cobra

Instead of grasping at straws and making unsafe alterations to the
electrical system..... how about some symptoms when the no start event is
happening? Do you have spark? Do you have injector pulse? Do you have fuel
pressure ( I want a PSI number, not "the pump is running")?

Are there any codes? have you performed the KOER self test?

This process will only be painful if we choose to make it that way....

lkaboutautos.com...

Sal Minidiy February 18th 07 05:55 AM

"Jim Warman" > wrote in message
> Instead of grasping at straws and making unsafe alterations to the
> electrical system..... how about some symptoms when the no start event is
> happening? Do you have spark? Do you have injector pulse? Do you have
> fuel pressure ( I want a PSI number, not "the pump is running")?
>
> Are there any codes? have you performed the KOER self test?
>
> This process will only be painful if we choose to make it that way....
>

> "blk98cobra" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
>>I had posted earlier in the month about my 98 cobra running for about 5
>> minutes then quitting. I have replaced the fuel filter, and the idle
>> control valve, and wired my fuel pump straight up to keep running and car
>> still died but the pump still worked. Please help me figure out what this
>> might be I need help. Thanks

Replace all the fuel, I got a load of water once, used a glass jar, pumped
fuel into it, you could see the water at the bottom. You can get it at a gas
station when they are switching or mixing a tank, a tanker is adding more
gas into the tank, stirs up the water at the bottom.

Have a fuel pressure meter? should read about 45

read the codes too.

and get back with us, we need more info to help out.

I had a bad coil, the thing would expand with hot, and the spark would drop
in voltage.