AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Audi 5000 CD turbo - brake problem ! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=49793)

William Chan November 28th 05 01:51 AM

Audi 5000 CD turbo - brake problem !

This audi is 15 years old, now if I applied the brakes, the dash board will beep four times, along with the red light in the center ( with exclamation mark ) blinking 4 times, then 4 more times without the beeps.

Any ideas ? On board diagnostic computer reports code 4 4 4 4, which indicates everything is fine.
Thanks guys.

Bill.

Steve Sears November 28th 05 03:24 PM

Audi 5000 CD turbo - brake problem !

William,
The brake problems will not show up as an error on the ECU (checked with the fuse in the fuel pump slot). It sounds like you the pressure accumulator (aka - "bomb") is failing. See:
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...rake.html#bomb
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - outfitted with a rechargable brake accumulator
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

William Chan November 29th 05 12:42 AM

Audi 5000 CD turbo - brake problem !

Thanks Steve, I'll take a look at it this weekend.
Also thank you for the direction to this great web site, it is full of good Audi info. Thanks again.
Bill.
CANADA.