AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1996 dodge ram 1500 transmission (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440314)

[email protected] April 22nd 18 05:32 PM

1996 dodge ram 1500 transmission

early in the winter i was driving down the freeway and my overdrive light came on. i noticed some smoke coming off my truck. i was about 3 miles from home. i noticed red fluid dripping as i pulled it in the barn. i didnt want to screw with it til the weather warmed up so it sat. today im checking it out and there seems to be plenty ( maybe too much) tranny fluid. light does not come on. im only letting it run and shifting thru geara. not driving.. no fluid leaking.... any thoughts or ideas????

thanks