AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BE WARNED! The truth about LocTronics! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=430760)

[email protected] April 29th 16 01:07 AM

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 6:51:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Well it's 2016 now and I'm pretty sure no one will read this, but I have this Loctronics installed in the 1987 Camry I purchased a couple of months ago. I was wondering if you guys uninstalled it and how easy it was? Where is it located in the car. The Loctronics thing is really annoying. Especially when I'm in a hurry and I know for a fact in 2016 this thing is pretty damn useless

It shouldn't be hard to remove and fix. It most likely is installed with the starter solenoid wire cut in two and then this unit is connected to the 2 wires to prevent the starting of the car without the special part connected in the slot. Most likely if removed the only thing that would need to be done is connecting the solenoid wires back together. Preferably with soldering them and then taping them over.