AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone playing F1 2012? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=374639)

PW[_3_] September 29th 12 02:54 AM

Anyone playing F1 2012?

Amazon only has it available from the UK (I live in the US). Even
though I am a NASCAR fan it looks great! I tried a previous version or
so and like it.

I guess I have to support any sims these days as there hasn't been
much ever since Papryus shut down.

-pw

Mario Petrinovic September 29th 12 07:19 AM

Anyone playing F1 2012?

PW:
Amazon only has it available from the UK (I live in the US). Even
though I am a NASCAR fan it looks great! I tried a previous version or
so and like it.

I guess I have to support any sims these days as there hasn't been
much ever since Papryus shut down.

Have you heard of iRacing?

Andrew MacPherson[_2_] September 30th 12 02:36 PM

Anyone playing F1 2012?

(PW) wrote:

> I guess I have to support any sims these days as there hasn't been
> much ever since Papryus shut down.

There's a demo on Steam. That was enough to put me off. :-)

I'm not sure it's changed much (in terms of physics and satisfaction) since F1 2010,
which was the last game I pre-ordered and paid full price for. Never again!

Not until Asseto Corsa anyway. They can have my money yesterday. :->

Andrew McP

PW[_3_] October 2nd 12 05:27 AM

Anyone playing F1 2012?

On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 08:19:57 +0200, "Mario Petrinovic"
> wrote:

>PW:
>Amazon only has it available from the UK (I live in the US). Even
>though I am a NASCAR fan it looks great! I tried a previous version or
>so and like it.
>
>I guess I have to support any sims these days as there hasn't been
>much ever since Papryus shut down.
>
> Have you heard of iRacing?

Yes I have thanks to Andrew's posts here and it sounds too complicated
and *expensive* for me!

-pw

PW[_3_] October 2nd 12 05:29 AM

Anyone playing F1 2012?

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 14:36 +0100 (BST),
(Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

(PW) wrote:

>> I guess I have to support any sims these days as there hasn't been
>> much ever since Papryus shut down.

>There's a demo on Steam. That was enough to put me off. :-)

I don't have the bandwidth to download it.

>I'm not sure it's changed much (in terms of physics and satisfaction) since F1 2010,
>which was the last game I pre-ordered and paid full price for. Never again!

I did play an earlier version and I remember it as fairly enjoyable.

>Not until Asseto Corsa anyway. They can have my money yesterday. :->
>
>Andrew McP

Over my head!

Thanks.

-pw