AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 picked up today, well chuffed (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64593)

R D S May 8th 06 05:18 PM

156 picked up today, well chuffed

Picked up my 2.0 TS 156 today and can barely stop grinning.

It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well at
least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.

I would recommend one to anybody.

Rick

SteveH May 8th 06 05:55 PM

R D S > wrote:

> Picked up my 2.0 TS 156 today and can barely stop grinning.
>
> It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well at
> least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.
>
> I would recommend one to anybody.

Nooooooo!

Catman has one of those silly picnic table / carry handle / pram handle
type pieces of crap on his.... it looks terrible.

Leave it as standard, ffs!

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

Halmyre May 8th 06 06:42 PM

SteveH wrote:
> R D S > wrote:
>

>>Picked up my 2.0 TS 156 today and can barely stop grinning.
>>
>>It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well at
>>least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.
>>
>>I would recommend one to anybody.

> Nooooooo!
>
> Catman has one of those silly picnic table / carry handle / pram handle
> type pieces of crap on his.... it looks terrible.
>
> Leave it as standard, ffs!

Seconded.

--
Halmyre

ceci, n'est pas un signature

Tony Rickard May 8th 06 06:54 PM

Halmyre wrote:

>>> Picked up my 2.0 TS 156 today and can barely stop grinning.
>>>
>>> It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up,
>>> well at
>>> least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.
>>>
>>> I would recommend one to anybody.

>> Nooooooo!
>>
>> Catman has one of those silly picnic table / carry handle / pram handle
>> type pieces of crap on his.... it looks terrible.
>>
>> Leave it as standard, ffs!
>>

> Seconded.

Thirded!

Pete May 8th 06 07:02 PM

156 picked up today, well chuffed

On Mon, 8 May 2006 17:55:35 +0100, (SteveH),
wrote:

>> It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well at
>> least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.

At 33 you want a pram handle on your car?
I thought that you were pleased that it looked grown-up.
You claim to have bought it at a good price. Why devalue it?

Just swop with Catman. His is the same colour IIRC.
At least he had the excuse of the handle being pre-attached.

BTW. drilling holes in the boot lid causes leaks.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

R D S May 8th 06 07:26 PM

"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 May 2006 17:55:35 +0100, (SteveH),
> wrote:
>
>>> It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well
>>> at
>>> least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.
>>>

> At 33 you want a pram handle on your car?
> I thought that you were pleased that it looked grown-up.

Im having an early mid life crisis.
Its the girlfriends idea, she is only 23, and i'm starting to suspect, a bit
of a chav.

alfistagj May 8th 06 08:01 PM

156 picked up today, well chuffed

"Tony Rickard" > schreef in bericht
k...

>>> Nooooooo!
>>>
>>> Catman has one of those silly picnic table / carry handle / pram handle
>>> type pieces of crap on his.... it looks terrible.
>>>
>>> Leave it as standard, ffs!
>>>

>> Seconded.

> Thirded!

forced ;-)

Catman May 8th 06 08:25 PM

SteveH wrote:

> R D S > wrote:
>
>> Picked up my 2.0 TS 156 today and can barely stop grinning.
>>
>> It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well at
>> least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.
>>
>> I would recommend one to anybody.

> Nooooooo!
>
> Catman has one of those silly picnic table / carry handle / pram handle
> type pieces of crap on his.... it looks terrible.

**** off does it

Much as I like the 'standard' 156 I like the way the spoiler (any spoiler
within reason) raises the boot line and makes the haunches seem more
purposeful

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Catman May 8th 06 08:26 PM

Pete wrote:

> On Mon, 8 May 2006 17:55:35 +0100, (SteveH),
> wrote:
>
>>> It does everything I want it to do and looks reasonably grown up, well
>>> at least till I put a big boot spoiler on it.
>>>

> At 33 you want a pram handle on your car?
> I thought that you were pleased that it looked grown-up.
> You claim to have bought it at a good price. Why devalue it?
>
> Just swop with Catman. His is the same colour IIRC.
> At least he had the excuse of the handle being pre-attached.

Nah, mine is a nicer colour IMHO

SteveH May 8th 06 08:38 PM

Catman > wrote:

> > Catman has one of those silly picnic table / carry handle / pram handle
> > type pieces of crap on his.... it looks terrible.

> **** off does it
>
> Much as I like the 'standard' 156 I like the way the spoiler (any spoiler
> within reason) raises the boot line and makes the haunches seem more
> purposeful

'ere have a subscription to Max Power.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL