AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   chrysler 2.7 engine pulsates at high rpm (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=403269)

RogerWo July 12th 14 05:18 PM

chrysler 2.7 engine pulsates at high rpm

when I rev the engine it gets to a certain point and starts to pulsate. If I
try to go higher it appears to have a govener and won't let the engine go any
faster. Can anyone explane this?

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/...rpm-72035-.htm

Steve Stone[_3_] July 12th 14 07:38 PM

chrysler 2.7 engine pulsates at high rpm

How many miles on the car?
Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?

Steve

rob July 14th 14 04:57 AM

chrysler 2.7 engine pulsates at high rpm

check engine light?

has it been scanned for codes?

RogerWo July 14th 14 06:18 PM

replying to Rob , RogerWo wrote:
> me wrote:
>
> check engine light?
> has it been scanned for codes?
> "Steve Stone" > wrote in message

Yes. P0340 and P1391 come up when the car stalls.

Roger[_15_] July 14th 14 06:18 PM

replying to Steve Stone , Roger wrote:
> n2ubp wrote:
>
> How many miles on the car?
> Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?
> Steve

The car has 133,000 miles. I have never changed the fule filter or the fuel
pump.

Joe Pfeiffer July 14th 14 06:34 PM

RogerWo > writes:

> replying to Rob , RogerWo wrote:
>> me wrote:
>>
>> check engine light? has it been scanned for codes? "Steve Stone"
>> > wrote in message

> Yes. P0340 and P1391 come up when the car stalls.

http://engine-codes.com/p0340.html
Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction

- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty starter motor
- Starting system circuit
- Dead (Weak) battery

http://engine-codes.com/p1391_chrysler.html
CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition

- Timing belt or chain stretched or jumped
- Faulty Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
- Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection.

Hope this helps...

Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] July 14th 14 08:53 PM

On 07/14/14 01:34 pm, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

>>> check engine light? has it been scanned for codes? "Steve Stone"

>> Yes. P0340 and P1391 come up when the car stalls.

> http://engine-codes.com/p0340.html
> Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction
>
> - Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
> - Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
> - Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
> - Faulty starter motor
> - Starting system circuit
> - Dead (Weak) battery
>
> http://engine-codes.com/p1391_chrysler.html
> CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition
>
> - Timing belt or chain stretched or jumped
> - Faulty Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
> - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
> - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection.
>
> Hope this helps...

I don't know how different the 2.7L engine is, but the camshaft position
sensor was very easy to replace on our '02 300M (3.5L). Maybe $10 or
less for the part from AutoZone.

Perce

RogerWo July 14th 14 11:18 PM

replying to Joe Pfeiffer , RogerWo wrote:
> pfeiffer wrote:
>
> RogerWo > writes:
> http://engine-codes.com/p0340.html
> Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Circuit Malfunction
> - Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
> - Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
> - Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
> - Faulty starter motor
> - Starting system circuit
> - Dead (Weak) battery
> http://engine-codes.com/p1391_chrysler.html
> CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition
> - Timing belt or chain stretched or jumped
> - Faulty Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
> - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
> - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection.
> Hope this helps...

Thank you for your help. You gave me some interesting things to check. The
starter and battery. I hope they work too.

Joe Pfeiffer July 15th 14 01:25 AM

RogerWo > writes:

> replying to Joe Pfeiffer , RogerWo wrote:
>> pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> RogerWo > writes:
>> http://engine-codes.com/p0340.html Camshaft Position Sensor 'A'
>> Circuit Malfunction - Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor - Camshaft
>> Position Sensor harness is open or shorted - Camshaft Position
>> Sensor circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty starter motor -
>> Starting system circuit - Dead (Weak) battery
>> http://engine-codes.com/p1391_chrysler.html CMP or CKP Signal
>> Intermittent Condition - Timing belt or chain stretched or jumped -
>> Faulty Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor - Camshaft Position (CMP)
>> Sensor harness is open or shorted - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
>> circuit poor electrical connection. Hope this helps...

> Thank you for your help. You gave me some interesting things to check. The
> starter and battery. I hope they work too.

Since you've got two codes that want to point to the cam position sensor
(and related wiring), and only one of them also points to the battery or
starter, I wouldn't expect it to be that.

rob July 15th 14 05:13 AM

chrysler 2.7 engine pulsates at high rpm

don't assume its the sensor. it could be the cam sensor harness too,

and lets not forget the timing chain.

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...-Chain-Service

"RogerWo" > wrote in
message oups.com...