AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When "662" = more like 700 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=373647)

[email protected][_2_] May 24th 12 12:41 AM

When "662" = more like 700

At this point what's another 30-40 more horsepower?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...NEWS/120529914

Patrick

biofilm May 24th 12 02:32 PM

When "662" = more like 700

" > wrote in message

> At this point what's another 30-40 more horsepower?
>
> http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...NEWS/120529914
>
> Patrick

how to tell the difference driving ?

on a dragstrip perhaps, but then it is timing and traction

but not on the street,
you cannot apply 600 HP for more than 2 seconds (WOT) without going over the
speed limits.
So why have 600?
better drivability at 350 hp.

numbers game.

( Unless I test drive a GT500 for a while )

twk May 24th 12 03:16 PM

When "662" = more like 700

In article >,
"biofilm" > wrote:

> " > wrote in message
>
> > At this point what's another 30-40 more horsepower?
> >
> > http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...NEWS/120529914
> >
> > Patrick

> how to tell the difference driving ?
>
> on a dragstrip perhaps, but then it is timing and traction
>
> but not on the street,
> you cannot apply 600 HP for more than 2 seconds (WOT) without going over the
> speed limits.
> So why have 600?
> better drivability at 350 hp.
>
> numbers game.
>

> ( Unless I test drive a GT500 for a while )

It's all about bragging rights.
How DO you drive with 600+ hp? If you get a leg twitch while turning in
an intersection, do you end up doing a 180? <grins> I'd probably kill
myself with 900+ hp. 600 hp would do me in... I'm willing to take that
risk.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.