AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I like my Alfa... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=354898)

GT[_14_] June 17th 10 11:36 AM

I like my Alfa...

.... and more people should post good things here.

Any more track day photos or happy stories???

Catman June 17th 10 04:43 PM

I like my Alfa...

GT wrote:
> ... and more people should post good things here.

We should, but I'm just too un-original.

In honesty, while the GT is terrifyingly competent and *very* quick,
it's not really doing it for me.

Damned if I can work out why.

> Any more track day photos or happy stories???

I'm not posting photos, everyone takes the ****.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

SteveH[_2_] June 17th 10 06:41 PM

I like my Alfa...

Catman > wrote:

> > Any more track day photos or happy stories???

Sadly not at the moment.

I *may* be doing a track day on Saturday, but it'll be in a Fiat, not an
Alfa.

> I'm not posting photos, everyone takes the ****.

You do have very dubious taste in bolt on tat.
--
SteveH

Catman June 17th 10 08:44 PM

I like my Alfa...

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> Any more track day photos or happy stories???

> Sadly not at the moment.
>
> I *may* be doing a track day on Saturday, but it'll be in a Fiat, not an
> Alfa.
>
>> I'm not posting photos, everyone takes the ****.

> You do have very dubious taste in bolt on tat.

Hmm. I was thinking about the last lot, with the shininess thing.

And can I point out that the bolt on 'tat' was factory bolted on.

In tandem with that, can I also make the point that your entire track
day 'car' is tat, upon which a driver has been bolted? Eye thenk ewe ;)

Zathras June 17th 10 10:52 PM

I like my Alfa...

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:44:31 +0100, Catman
> wrote:

>SteveH wrote:
>> You do have very dubious taste in bolt on tat.

>And can I point out that the bolt on 'tat' was factory bolted on.

...what you mean it didn't produce amazing amounts of downforce??? How
could that be - wasn't it big enough?

>In tandem with that, can I also make the point that your entire track
>day 'car' is tat, upon which a driver has been bolted? Eye thenk ewe ;)

That subtle reposte is more like a good poke in the eye! LOL.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

GT[_14_] June 18th 10 09:53 AM

I like my Alfa...

"Zathras" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:44:31 +0100, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>>SteveH wrote:
>>> You do have very dubious taste in bolt on tat.

>>And can I point out that the bolt on 'tat' was factory bolted on.

> ..what you mean it didn't produce amazing amounts of downforce??? How
> could that be - wasn't it big enough?
>
>>In tandem with that, can I also make the point that your entire track
>>day 'car' is tat, upon which a driver has been bolted? Eye thenk ewe ;)

> That subtle reposte is more like a good poke in the eye! LOL.

I can hear the 3-stooges sound effects - "whistle" - "donk" - from here!

Catman June 18th 10 10:07 AM

I like my Alfa...

Zathras wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:44:31 +0100, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:
>>> You do have very dubious taste in bolt on tat.

>> And can I point out that the bolt on 'tat' was factory bolted on.

> ..what you mean it didn't produce amazing amounts of downforce??? How
> could that be - wasn't it big enough?

Well, it was heavy enough, so there was down 'force' ;)

>> In tandem with that, can I also make the point that your entire track
>> day 'car' is tat, upon which a driver has been bolted? Eye thenk ewe ;)

> That subtle reposte is more like a good poke in the eye! LOL.

I don't 'do' subtle, as Steve well knows :)
Anyway, anyone that drives a yellow punto track day car is fair game IMHO.

SteveH[_2_] June 18th 10 05:45 PM

I like my Alfa...

Catman > wrote:

> > That subtle reposte is more like a good poke in the eye! LOL.
> >

> I don't 'do' subtle, as Steve well knows :)
> Anyway, anyone that drives a yellow punto track day car is fair game IMHO.

Blue Cinquecento, ffs.
--
SteveH

Catman June 18th 10 07:52 PM

I like my Alfa...

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> That subtle reposte is more like a good poke in the eye! LOL.
>>>

>> I don't 'do' subtle, as Steve well knows :)
>> Anyway, anyone that drives a yellow punto track day car is fair game IMHO.

> Blue Cinquecento, ffs.

Meh. bovvered? ;)