AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So that's be *another* one then (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=368745)

Catman March 31st 11 11:08 AM

So that's be *another* one then

Side light bulb on the GT I mean.

That's 3 in 15ish months FFS
116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

SteveH[_2_] March 31st 11 12:28 PM

So that's be *another* one then

Catman > wrote:

> Side light bulb on the GT I mean.
>
> That's 3 in 15ish months FFS

LEDs, YKIMS.

In other news, the 75 has killed its battery. Again. I suspect I should
use it more often.
--
SteveH

Catman March 31st 11 12:50 PM

So that's be *another* one then

On 31/03/2011 12:28, SteveH wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> Side light bulb on the GT I mean.
>>
>> That's 3 in 15ish months FFS

> LEDs, YKIMS.

Was thinking that very thing. It's not like these are cheap ones either
(IRO £5 each IIRC)

Do we have a supplier of LED replacements?

> In other news, the 75 has killed its battery. Again. I suspect I should
> use it more often.

The 116 does the same thing.

SteveH[_2_] March 31st 11 01:02 PM

So that's be *another* one then

Catman > wrote:

> On 31/03/2011 12:28, SteveH wrote:
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Side light bulb on the GT I mean.
> >>
> >> That's 3 in 15ish months FFS

> > LEDs, YKIMS.
> >

> Was thinking that very thing. It's not like these are cheap ones either
> (IRO £5 each IIRC)
>
> Do we have a supplier of LED replacements?

No - but you can get them on eBay for not a lot of money - just make
sure they're CANBUS compatible.

> > In other news, the 75 has killed its battery. Again. I suspect I should
> > use it more often.

> The 116 does the same thing.

Just ordered a Bosch from BuyPartsBy for half the price of a Halfrauds
battery.
--
SteveH

Catman March 31st 11 03:04 PM

So that's be *another* one then

On 31/03/2011 13:02, SteveH wrote:
> > wrote:

>>> LEDs, YKIMS.
>>>

>> Was thinking that very thing. It's not like these are cheap ones either
>> (IRO £5 each IIRC)
>>
>> Do we have a supplier of LED replacements?

> No - but you can get them on eBay for not a lot of money - just make
> sure they're CANBUS compatible.
>
>>> In other news, the 75 has killed its battery. Again. I suspect I should
>>> use it more often.

>> The 116 does the same thing.

> Just ordered a Bosch from BuyPartsBy for half the price of a Halfrauds
> battery.

Ordered some from UltraLED

About the same prices as the usual ones.

Zathras April 1st 11 12:03 PM

So that's be *another* one then

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:02:20 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Just ordered a Bosch from BuyPartsBy for half the price of a Halfrauds
>battery.

Bosch I had in the 156 came with a 5 year warranty!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)

SteveH[_2_] April 1st 11 12:55 PM

So that's be *another* one then

Zathras > wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:02:20 +0100, (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
> >Just ordered a Bosch from BuyPartsBy for half the price of a Halfrauds
> >battery.

> Bosch I had in the 156 came with a 5 year warranty!

This one's a cheapie - so only 3 year warranty.

Trouble is - who keeps the receipt for a battery for 5 years?!
--
SteveH

Zathras April 1st 11 11:29 PM

So that's be *another* one then

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:55:50 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Trouble is - who keeps the receipt for a battery for 5 years?!

Not everybody keeps a car for 5 years (unlike me).

SteveH[_2_] April 1st 11 11:50 PM

So that's be *another* one then

Zathras > wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 12:55:50 +0100, (SteveH)
> wrote:
>
> >Trouble is - who keeps the receipt for a battery for 5 years?!

> Not everybody keeps a car for 5 years (unlike me).

I've had the 75 for nearly 9 years now!

Sorted my problems - buypartsby delivered at 8am this morning - not bad
considering I ordered yesterday afternoon, and they quoted 5 days
delivery.

Charged it up for a few hours, then fitted it - and checked the
charging. Multimeter read 12.24 volts at 3k rpm. Not good.

Found a loose wire floating around near the battery - and worked out
that it was an earth wire for something. Attaching this to the -ve
terminal saw 14.4-ish volts at idle, so all seems fine now.
--
SteveH

Zathras April 2nd 11 11:23 AM

So that's be *another* one then

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 23:50:17 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Found a loose wire floating around near the battery - and worked out
>that it was an earth wire for something. Attaching this to the -ve
>terminal saw 14.4-ish volts at idle, so all seems fine now.

Lucky! Every time that's happened to me over the years, the alternator
has needed attention.