AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Center muffler on Jetta III has a big hole in it .. The replacment muffler is 100 bucks (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=172302)

newsviewer July 8th 07 12:10 AM

Center muffler on Jetta III has a big hole in it .. The replacment muffler is 100 bucks

Dynomax cat back is around 225 dollars..... Any advise ? How noisy is the
Dynomax inside the car? What are the chances of having a clean
installation of the center muffler?

Dave[_39_] July 8th 07 05:30 AM

Center muffler on Jetta III has a big hole in it .. The replacment muffler is 100 bucks

"newsviewer" > wrote in message
. ..
> Dynomax cat back is around 225 dollars..... Any advise ? How noisy is
> the Dynomax inside the car? What are the chances of having a clean
> installation of the center muffler?

Know its a hindsight thing too late...

Midas is still replacing my 2 mufflers free of charge, labor and muffler.
88 Fox wagon. They did away with the that great guarantee a few years ago.
Mine is still in effect (as long as you own the car). The first exhaust
restriction is the catalytic converter on my vehicle.

Is there a particular reason VW uses more than one muffler? Feedback
restriction to the combustion chamber?
Dave

Madesio July 8th 07 07:11 AM

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 19:10:28 -0400, newsviewer wrote:

> Dynomax cat back is around 225 dollars..... Any advise ? How noisy is the
> Dynomax inside the car? What are the chances of having a clean
> installation of the center muffler?

Surprisingly, not that noisy at all. Around the same audible level as a
Techtonics cat-back system, which make use of a Borla muffler.