AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A4 Question (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=742)

TonyJ May 12th 04 06:49 AM

A4 Question

A4 control arm squeaks are common. After working with five or more I
would be willing to bet that the problem is not at the frame end of the
arms it is due to dried out ball joints.

You can fix by using a grease needle adapter to inject white lithium
into the rubber boots. It will take 3 or 4 days to work in and then will
probably stay fine for at least two years.

Matt May 12th 04 08:57 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice. Looks like I'm off to mug one of
the local 'crack-heads' for a hypodermic!!!!! :-)

TonyJ May 12th 04 11:45 PM

You can buy a needle adapter for your regular grease gun fitting at a
parts store for a couple of $. It just snaps in.

Tony