AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   1995 Audi Cabriolet (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=49290)

[email protected] November 22nd 05 02:02 AM

1995 Audi Cabriolet

I have a 1995 audi Cabriolet that makes a short 3 to 4second HUM at the
rear passenger side of the car. Itusually happens when I have been
driving for while. The hum happens while parked or moving. Is the
alternator in the rear?
Thanks

R@L November 22nd 05 09:23 AM

1995 Audi Cabriolet

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have a 1995 audi Cabriolet that makes a short 3 to 4second HUM at the
> rear passenger side of the car. Itusually happens when I have been
> driving for while. The hum happens while parked or moving. Is the
> alternator in the rear?
> Thanks

If you knew what an alternator was you'd know where (not) to find it.
The hum could be the fuel pump. The tank has a special, double bubble
design.
Nothing to worry about.

Ronald

Ottar Holstad November 22nd 05 06:36 PM

1995 Audi Cabriolet

>I have a 1995 audi Cabriolet that makes a short 3 to 4second HUM at the
> rear passenger side of the car. Itusually happens when I have been
> driving for while. The hum happens while parked or moving

On my '98 cab the electric antenna makes much more noise than it should. And
it's at the rear. Case closed :)