AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rFactor controller setup....weak (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=42323)

Remco Moedt September 1st 05 09:53 PM

rFactor controller setup....weak

And with weak I'm putting it mildly...when your controller isn't
mainstream you can forget it. This is a problem with all ISI based
games BTW. A bit painfull when you realize that a certain 7 year old
game doesn't have a single problem...

I fear I've to ask my money back....

Cheers!

Remco

jason moyer September 1st 05 10:03 PM

Remco Moedt wrote:

> And with weak I'm putting it mildly...when your controller isn't
> mainstream you can forget it. This is a problem with all ISI based
> games BTW. A bit painfull when you realize that a certain 7 year old
> game doesn't have a single problem...
>
> I fear I've to ask my money back....

I'm mildly amused seeing some of the complaints on RAS and elsewhere
about rFactor. Most of the **** people are complaining about has been
in every previous ISI title but half the community had their heads too
far up GPL's ass to notice.

whooo September 1st 05 10:09 PM

Remco Moedt wrote:
> And with weak I'm putting it mildly...when your controller isn't
> mainstream you can forget it. This is a problem with all ISI based
> games BTW. A bit painfull when you realize that a certain 7 year old
> game doesn't have a single problem...
>
> I fear I've to ask my money back....
>

> Cheers!
>

> Remco

what's the problem, Remco?

Remco Moedt September 1st 05 10:39 PM

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:09:40 GMT, whooo > wrote:

>Remco Moedt wrote:
>> And with weak I'm putting it mildly...when your controller isn't
>> mainstream you can forget it. This is a problem with all ISI based
>> games BTW. A bit painfull when you realize that a certain 7 year old
>> game doesn't have a single problem...
>>
>> I fear I've to ask my money back....
>>

>> Cheers!
>>

>> Remco

>what's the problem, Remco?

Ah, sorry, I forgot to mention that. Normally the X-axis goes from low
to high, mine goes from high to low. ISI based games can't cope with
that it seems, very annoying. First it sees the X-axis as a digital
button this way, and second it gives random input to steering right,
even if I doesn't touch the steering wheel at all. I tried to fix it
in the controller.ini in my players folder, to no avail....sigh

On the other end, after 2 years no GPL I tried GPL to see if the
problem was on my end. GPL and GTP both worked fine, and I had a blast
driving Monza again.....a bit slow, though...

Cheers!

Remco

Shrapnel September 1st 05 10:43 PM

AFAIK that can be resolved by changing a setting in the "controller.ini"
file...

Byron Forbes September 1st 05 10:59 PM

"Shrapnel" > wrote in message
> AFAIK that can be resolved by changing a setting in the "controller.ini"
> file...

I have a Black Momo and the FF is back to front. If you are sitting
still the wheel falls off to the left or right. Something in the ini for
that?

David G Fisher September 1st 05 11:04 PM

Sounds like you need to set the FF to a negative setting. Slide the
"strength" bar to the left until it becomes negative.
--
David G Fisher

Remco Moedt September 1st 05 11:24 PM

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:43:39 GMT, "Shrapnel"
> wrote:

>AFAIK that can be resolved by changing a setting in the "controller.ini"
>file...

That would be great! Any pointers? When I look to the file I can't see
a setting which might be usefull...

Cheers!

Remco

.. .

John Smith September 1st 05 11:56 PM

I don't have the game yet, but usually your problem can be corrected by
checking the box marked reverse axis or something like that. Sorry if theres
no such thing, just trying to throw out some suggestions.

Remco Moedt September 2nd 05 12:06 AM

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:56:19 GMT, "John Smith" >
wrote:

>I don't have the game yet, but usually your problem can be corrected by
>checking the box marked reverse axis or something like that. Sorry if theres
>no such thing, just trying to throw out some suggestions.

I can do that in the controller software for the brake and throttle,
but I can't do that for the steering. rFactor does detect the right
settings, but with a reversed axis you'll get ghosting, which means
that someone suddenly pulls your wheel hard to the right when you're
doing 200 mph on the straight....not funny...

Cheers!

Remco