AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Chevy 1971 K20 Auxiliary Gas Tank (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=46555)

TheSnoMan October 23rd 05 11:06 PM

asdf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My pickup has a 20 gallon tank behind the seat. Seems like I am
> always at the gas station. I can only find one tank to add under
> the bed. Unfortunately it would displace the class III hitch and
> the spare. Can someone recommend a tank for under the bed and
> forward of the rear axle?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vic
>

> 1971 Chevrolet K20
> 3/4 ton pickup
> Fleetside long bed
> 4WD
> 350
> Manual Transmission - Muncie 465
> Transfer case - New Process 205

I got a 72 GMC 3/4T 4x4, 4sp when it was a year old and it had factory
dual tanks and provisions for a third tank. The aux tank held about 16
gallons and fit between the frame and the bed side in front of rear
axle. Mine was on driver side but I had seen them on both sides. You
might find one in a old bone yard. If hand a valve on floor between seat
and door for tank selection and a switch/knob on dash to swithc the
gauge amoug tanks. It was all OEM too. It was great om trips because I
would burn the cab tank dry and you could hear it start to tin can when
the fuel was gone and pump was sucking air and you could switch tanks
and never miss a beat.

--

www.thesnoman.com