AutoBanter

-   Chrysler (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Grand Caravan Blower replacement (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=83830)

[email protected] January 31st 07 11:57 PM

Grand Caravan Blower replacement

I have had repeated problems with my resistor block failing on my
Dodge Grand Caravan 2001. Also, I had the connector coming from the
blower motor melt. Now I think it might have blown a fuse. Anyhow,
I've decided to try replacing the motor, thinking it might be drawing
too many amps.

I'm having a heck of a time getting to the motor. There is a cover
on the bottom that I just can't seem to get off. I've removed several
bolts, but there seems to be something holding it in. Has anyone
removed the blower on this year/model? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

damnnickname February 2nd 07 11:58 AM

Grand Caravan Blower replacement

That requires that the HVAC assemble be removed to replace the blower
motor. What you are referring to is the recirculation air door that is
attached to the blowe rassembly. It can be removed without removal of the
intire HVAC assembly but it is very tricky. You may want to have this
replaced by someone that is more familiar with the vehicle

Glenn Beasley