AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=439772)

[email protected] January 11th 18 08:11 PM

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 9:37:53 PM UTC-6, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 02:45:52 -0000 (UTC), Mad Roger
> > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 20:47:38 -0500,
> > Clare Snyder wrote:
> >
> >> BULL****. You are an idiot.

> >I think progress was made today with the realization that FF is probably
> >the Chase Test SAE J866a friction designation for the OEM shoes.
> >https://s18.postimg.org/wqilqasdl/to...n_material.jpg
> >

> Google "counterfeit brake pads"
>
> The results should shock you and change your mind.

Carl Sagan said we are made of 'Star Stuff', I believe him. 1978 Dodge van I own, the right front brake hose had rubbed against something. I bought a new brake hose and put it on there. That was about 13 years ago.

Mad Roger January 11th 18 11:59 PM

Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 22:27:22 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> If you are so smart how come you couldn't come upwith the current
> edition of the report?
>
> Quite some engineer, Isee.
>
> http://www.ameca.org/wp-content/uplo...ber-8-2017.pdf
> is the Dec 8, 2017 versiion

Thanks for that link!

You are better than I am at finding it and I am not ashamed to admit it.

I'm not sure why, since I used epic's search engine and I gave it the full
name of the report, so, you found it better than I did, I agree.

We all benefit from this information you found because it allows us, at the
very least, to at least tell that a PBR pad is the exact same as a Metal
Master pad which is exactly the same as an Axxis pad, since the numbers
will be the same on all three (for example).

Bear in mind that this document generally covers 3 years, so that's from
December 2014 to December 2017 which is as good as we can ask for.
<http://www.ameca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/AMECA-List-of-VESC-V-3-Brake-Friction-Material-Edge-Codes-December-8-2017.pdf>

thanks!