AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 Wiper Motors (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=246854)

SteveH March 15th 08 11:17 AM

156 Wiper Motors

Who designed them?

'cos they're crap.

I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.

It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

cupra March 16th 08 10:36 AM

156 Wiper Motors

SteveH wrote:
> Who designed them?
>
> 'cos they're crap.
>
> I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
> stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.
>
> It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

Are they the same as the 147? (coz I've got a used one somewhere....)

SteveH March 16th 08 10:40 AM

156 Wiper Motors

cupra > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Who designed them?
> >
> > 'cos they're crap.
> >
> > I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
> > stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.
> >
> > It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

> Are they the same as the 147? (coz I've got a used one somewhere....)

Don't think so.

Well, not according to the ones I've seen on Ebay anyway.

cupra March 16th 08 05:24 PM

156 Wiper Motors

SteveH wrote:
> cupra > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:
>>> Who designed them?
>>>
>>> 'cos they're crap.
>>>
>>> I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
>>> stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.
>>>
>>> It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

>> Are they the same as the 147? (coz I've got a used one somewhere....)

> Don't think so.
>
> Well, not according to the ones I've seen on Ebay anyway.

Shame - it's been sat unused in a box for 18 months!

R D S March 16th 08 05:53 PM

156 Wiper Motors

"SteveH" > wrote in message
> Who designed them?
>
> 'cos they're crap.
>
> I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
> stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.
>
> It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

How much do you want to pay for one?

Is it worth me ripping it off the 156 I am ashamed to say is still sitting
outside my workplace?

SteveH March 16th 08 05:54 PM

156 Wiper Motors

cupra > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > cupra > wrote:

> >> Are they the same as the 147? (coz I've got a used one somewhere....)

> > Don't think so.
> >
> > Well, not according to the ones I've seen on Ebay anyway.

> Shame - it's been sat unused in a box for 18 months!

Don't suppose you could take a photo of it from both sides, could you?

I can't see why they'd be different, to be honest - might be something
to do with linkages, but they're easily swapped.

SteveH March 16th 08 05:55 PM

156 Wiper Motors

R D S > wrote:

> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> > Who designed them?
> >
> > 'cos they're crap.
> >
> > I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
> > stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.
> >
> > It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

> How much do you want to pay for one?
>
> Is it worth me ripping it off the 156 I am ashamed to say is still sitting
> outside my workplace?

The usual rate is £20 incl. delivery from the breakers, so may or may
not be worth you doing it.....

Where is your workplace, anyway? - just wondering if I ever come close
enough to butcher any useful bits ;-)

cupra March 16th 08 06:09 PM

156 Wiper Motors

SteveH wrote:
> cupra > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> Don't think so.
>>>
>>> Well, not according to the ones I've seen on Ebay anyway.

>> Shame - it's been sat unused in a box for 18 months!

> Don't suppose you could take a photo of it from both sides, could you?
>
> I can't see why they'd be different, to be honest - might be something
> to do with linkages, but they're easily swapped.

Yeah, can do - will have to dig it out of loft first though, let me know if
you decide to go for Rick's one first! (I had a painful experience with a
falling loft hatch last week!)

R D S March 16th 08 06:26 PM

156 Wiper Motors

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
>R D S > wrote:
>
>> "SteveH" > wrote in message
>> > Who designed them?
>> >
>> > 'cos they're crap.
>> >
>> > I've just done a swap of ours *again* - although this time, I've
>> > stripped and cleaned an old one to re-use.
>> >
>> > It's a bit noisy, but it'll do for now....

>> How much do you want to pay for one?
>>
>> Is it worth me ripping it off the 156 I am ashamed to say is still
>> sitting
>> outside my workplace?

> The usual rate is £20 incl. delivery from the breakers, so may or may
> not be worth you doing it.....
>
> Where is your workplace, anyway? - just wondering if I ever come close
> enough to butcher any useful bits ;-)

Darwen, Lancs. A good distance from you IIRC.

I am on the brink of putting it on Ebay, I just can't be arsed with it
'turning into one', the place is full of dickheads.
I have made a bit of room at work so as the weather perks up I might pull it
into bits and sell the rest scrap.

A local mechanic has shown an interest but is umming and ahhing at £500, the
tight *******.

SteveH March 16th 08 06:29 PM

156 Wiper Motors

R D S > wrote:

> > Where is your workplace, anyway? - just wondering if I ever come close
> > enough to butcher any useful bits ;-)

> Darwen, Lancs. A good distance from you IIRC.

Ahh, OK.

Closest I ever get is Cheadle in Staffs.