AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   UK auto electrical question: What was the fuse type designation? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=230037)

Rich January 31st 08 11:13 AM

UK auto electrical question: What was the fuse type designation?

Hi. I've got a few "antique" fuses from British cars. They might be 30
or 40 years old. They are very like type 3AG glass cartridge fuses,
about 6mm dia., but about 2mm shorter at 30mm. They have coloured paper
inside them. The ends are flat, not rounded. I say "antique, but they
seem to still be used. Folks might just call them car glass fuses.

The ones I have a

2A blue; 10A orange; 15A cream.

Do these old fuses auto have an official type reference? I cannot see
any reference on the WWW. Not even at:

http://www.thefusewarehouse.com/index.html

Stude February 5th 08 03:55 AM

On Jan 31, 3:13*am, "Rich" > wrote:
> Hi. I've got a few "antique" fuses from British cars. They might be 30
> or 40 years old. They are very like type 3AG glass cartridge fuses,
> about 6mm dia., but about 2mm shorter at 30mm. *They have coloured paper
> inside them. The ends are flat, not rounded. I say "antique, but they
> seem to still be used. Folks might just call them car glass fuses.
>
> The ones I have a
>
> 2A blue; 10A orange; 15A cream.
>
> Do these old fuses auto have an official type reference? I cannot see
> any reference on the WWW. Not even at:
>
> http://www.thefusewarehouse.com/index.html

Try uk.rec.driving for the answer - nice blokes, with a feww arses.

Rocco Toma February 28th 08 05:34 PM

UK auto electrical question: What was the fuse type designation?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MESE:IT