AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   motor control system failure (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=357966)

jima July 19th 10 06:55 PM

motor control system failure

Disaster? On journey down to south west, light came on with message as
title. Engine runs with slight hesitation but continued for 75 miles
without mishap. What could it be? I've had a turbo pipe blow
before.....seems different. Oh yeah it's a 1.9 JTD. Cheers. Jim

SteveH[_2_] July 19th 10 07:13 PM

jima > wrote:

> Disaster? On journey down to south west, light came on with message as
> title. Engine runs with slight hesitation but continued for 75 miles
> without mishap. What could it be? I've had a turbo pipe blow
> before.....seems different. Oh yeah it's a 1.9 JTD. Cheers. Jim

Ours does it randomly.

Just 'reboot' the car. Seems to clear it.
--
SteveH

jima July 19th 10 07:27 PM

On Jul 19, 7:13*pm, (SteveH) wrote:
> jima > wrote:
> > Disaster? On journey down to south west, light came on with message as
> > title. Engine runs with slight hesitation but continued for 75 miles
> > without mishap. What could it be? I've had a turbo pipe blow
> > before.....seems different. Oh yeah it's a 1.9 JTD. Cheers. Jim

> Ours does it randomly.
>
> Just 'reboot' the car. Seems to clear it.
> --
> SteveH

Reboot....tell me more?

Jim

SteveH[_2_] July 19th 10 07:30 PM

jima > wrote:

> On Jul 19, 7:13 pm, (SteveH) wrote:
> > jima > wrote:
> > > Disaster? On journey down to south west, light came on with message as
> > > title. Engine runs with slight hesitation but continued for 75 miles
> > > without mishap. What could it be? I've had a turbo pipe blow
> > > before.....seems different. Oh yeah it's a 1.9 JTD. Cheers. Jim

> > Ours does it randomly.
> >
> > Just 'reboot' the car. Seems to clear it.
> > --
> > SteveH

> Reboot....tell me more?

Close all the windows, turn it off, then turn it back on again :-)

--
SteveH

Catman July 19th 10 07:57 PM

SteveH wrote:
> jima > wrote:

>>> Ours does it randomly.
>>>
>>> Just 'reboot' the car. Seems to clear it.
>>> --
>>> SteveH

>> Reboot....tell me more?

> Close all the windows, turn it off, then turn it back on again :-)

*slap*

Now give him the proper answer :)

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

SteveH[_2_] July 19th 10 08:00 PM

Catman > wrote:

> > Close all the windows, turn it off, then turn it back on again :-)
> >

> *slap*
>
> Now give him the proper answer :)

Well, aside from the 'close all the windows', that *is* the proper
answer to that problem, IME.
--
SteveH

Catman July 19th 10 08:21 PM

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>>> Close all the windows, turn it off, then turn it back on again :-)
>>>

>> *slap*
>>
>> Now give him the proper answer :)

> Well, aside from the 'close all the windows', that *is* the proper
> answer to that problem, IME.

I thought the battery needed disconnecting as well?

SteveH[_2_] July 19th 10 08:32 PM

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:

> >> *slap*
> >>
> >> Now give him the proper answer :)

> > Well, aside from the 'close all the windows', that *is* the proper
> > answer to that problem, IME.

> I thought the battery needed disconnecting as well?

Not for that, no.
--
SteveH

Catman July 19th 10 09:08 PM

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> Well, aside from the 'close all the windows', that *is* the proper
>>> answer to that problem, IME.

>> I thought the battery needed disconnecting as well?

> Not for that, no.

Well, every day's a school day. We seem to have scared the OP off. Again.

jima July 19th 10 10:20 PM

On Jul 19, 9:08*pm, Catman > wrote:
> SteveH wrote:
> > Catman > wrote:

> >> I thought the battery needed disconnecting as well?

> > Not for that, no.

> Well, every day's a school day. We seem to have scared the OP off. Again.
>
> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> 116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
> Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

You haven't frightened me off but I am hoping to hear a possible easy
solution to my problem. Currently my battery is disconnected and I'm
hoping for the best!