AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hydraulic Floor Jack, Release Valve won't tighten (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=221523)

Gifters January 9th 08 09:41 PM

Hydraulic Floor Jack, Release Valve won't tighten

OK, I'm trying to fix my Floor jack, the problem is when I tighten the
handle it doesn't come to a stopping point, the handle keeps turning
and the release valve is left open, I've first couple of parts and now
there is a square hole and I assume a ball barring, I have no idea
what do do from here.
Any advice or help would be great, thanks.

cam March 17th 15 07:18 PM

replying to Gifters , cam wrote:
> Gifters wrote:
>
> OK, I'm trying to fix my Floor jack, the problem is when I tighten the
> handle it doesn't come to a stopping point, the handle keeps turning
> and the release valve is left open, I've first couple of parts and now
> there is a square hole and I assume a ball barring, I have no idea
> what do do from here.
> Any advice or help would be great, thanks.

have you found any answer as my jack is doing the same thing
jack release valve doesn't tighten just keeps spinning and i have to stop and
see if it will pump at a certain point when i find where it will start pumping
it is fine but will have to do the same thing when letting it down and
sometimes will come down really quick
any help will be appreciated

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/tech/hydr...ten-65853-.htm

[email protected] February 20th 17 09:29 PM

On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 3:41:41 PM UTC-6, Gifters wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to fix my Floor jack, the problem is when I tighten the
> handle it doesn't come to a stopping point, the handle keeps turning
> and the release valve is left open, I've first couple of parts and now
> there is a square hole and I assume a ball barring, I have no idea
> what do do from here.
> Any advice or help would be great, thanks.

I am having the same problem did anyone find solutions to this?

[email protected] April 28th 18 06:43 PM

Hydraulic Floor Jack, Release Valve won't tighten

I'm having the same problem

[email protected] March 30th 19 01:45 AM

On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 1:43:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I'm having the same problem

Me too

[email protected] March 30th 19 01:26 PM

On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 4:41:41 PM UTC-5, Gifters wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to fix my Floor jack, the problem is when I tighten the
> handle it doesn't come to a stopping point, the handle keeps turning
> and the release valve is left open, I've first couple of parts and now
> there is a square hole and I assume a ball barring, I have no idea
> what do do from here.
> Any advice or help would be great, thanks.

i have the same exact thing,did you find out what to do?

AMuzi March 30th 19 08:45 PM

On 3/30/2019 8:26 AM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 4:41:41 PM UTC-5, Gifters wrote:
>> OK, I'm trying to fix my Floor jack, the problem is when I tighten the
>> handle it doesn't come to a stopping point, the handle keeps turning
>> and the release valve is left open, I've first couple of parts and now
>> there is a square hole and I assume a ball barring, I have no idea
>> what do do from here.
>> Any advice or help would be great, thanks.

> i have the same exact thing,did you find out what to do?

I found this useful:
http://www.hyjacks.com/H7.HTM

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Gebbi September 3rd 19 04:45 PM

Hydraulic Floor Jack, Release Valve won't tighten

> GUEST wrote:
> OK, I'm trying to fix my Floor jack, the problem is when I tighten

the
> handle it doesn't come to a stopping point, the handle keeps

turning
> and the release valve is left open, I've first couple of parts and

now
> there is a square hole and I assume a ball barring, I have no idea
> what do do from here.
> Any advice or help would be great, thanks.

I have no idea
what do do from here.