AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fire damaged 78 Super vert (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13328)

Julio October 15th 04 05:02 PM

Fire damaged 78 Super vert

Last October during the Southern California Wildfires, I had a 1978
Superbeetle Convertible, painted red with a tan canvas top that was
heavily damaged as a result of the heat. The insurance company
totalled it and had it hauled off to auction somewhere. This car was
about 90 restored and in pretty good shape. The tires were melted and
the paint was blistered but I wouldn't be surprised if the car would
have started up, (we couldn't check because the keys melted in the
house,...we lost the house too).

Anyhow, I still have the complete file on this car with all the
records, receipts etc. Before I throw it away, if anybody is familiar
with this car or knows if the owner wants this info, let me know.

The plate on the car was California- 4CIG406 vin 1582050926

Thanks,
Julio