AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FFB...almost done (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=374816)

Mario Petrinovic November 10th 12 09:50 PM

FFB...almost done

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
I just discovered another thing. In-game damper must be 50. It was a
mistake from iRacing to lock it at 75, in the old days.
So, the default should be 100/50/50/50, and in-game damper 50.

Actually, it very well can be that Logitech driver should be the
default (100/100/100/100), and you have to adjust in-game Damper, to tweak
the behaviour of FFB.
It looks like Damper in-game na Damper in driver aren't the same
thing.
Damper is canned, but damper definitively adjsuts the behaviour of
FFB, so Damper probably is a tool with which you adjust the behaviour of
FFB.
I'll explore this tomorrow.

Ok, in-game Damper should be 50% (or around 50%). With Damper at 50%
you have to adjust in-game Strength as well. This should be 10.0 - 30.0, but
probably somewhere around 25.0 on my system (I'll see this tomorrow).
It looks like this is "the right" way, : ).

Mario Petrinovic November 12th 12 10:00 PM

FFB...almost done

[...]

cockpitLookDeadZone should be 0.000000.
In-game Damper should be 50%.
In-game Stregth should be 20.0.
Tomorow I'll see where to put sliders in Logitech driver.

Mario Petrinovic November 15th 12 09:58 PM

FFB...almost done

Mario Petrinovic:
cockpitLookDeadZone should be 0.000000.
In-game Damper should be 50%.
In-game Stregth should be 20.0.
Tomorow I'll see where to put sliders in Logitech driver.

Ok, another one done.
Centering Spring should be at 50%.
Now only to adjust Overall, Damper amd Spring.

Mario Petrinovic November 20th 12 02:12 PM

FFB...almost done

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
cockpitLookDeadZone should be 0.000000.
In-game Damper should be 50%.
In-game Stregth should be 20.0.
Tomorow I'll see where to put sliders in Logitech driver.

Ok, another one done.
Centering Spring should be at 50%.
Now only to adjust Overall, Damper amd Spring.

Oops, wrong. Centering Spring should be 0%.

Mario Petrinovic November 23rd 12 10:59 PM

FFB...almost done

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
cockpitLookDeadZone should be 0.000000.
In-game Damper should be 50%.
In-game Stregth should be 20.0.
Tomorow I'll see where to put sliders in Logitech driver.

Ok, another one done.
Centering Spring should be at 50%.
Now only to adjust Overall, Damper amd Spring.

Oops, wrong. Centering Spring should be 0%.

Hm, wrong again.
But, at least Centering Spring at 0% is good for determining the
Overall, which turned out to be 139%. This value I've got previously as
well, when I searched for Overall, so it looks like this is alright.
With 100/100/100/- the best Centering Spring was 50%. Now, with
139/100/100/- I am doing just rough search, and it looks like it could be
around 60%. I'll see. It does take a long time, since I have to try each
percent, one by one, to see what is actually going on.