AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=290744)

leeana August 20th 08 07:07 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Hi, can anyone help me ID the year Rambler this hubcap came from?
Thanks!
http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=hub.jpg

Otto Skorzeny[_2_] August 21st 08 10:01 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Go to this site:

http://www.hubcaps.org/rambler.html

I didn't see it listed but you may be able to email the photo to them
and have them identify it. I looked in one of my reference books and
didn't see any on a Rambler that I could definitely say was it. It may
be a '56 but I can't tell for sure.

Otto Skorzeny[_2_] August 21st 08 10:09 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Perhaps the Rambler Club can help you.

http://www.amcrc.com/

Forrest

Otto Skorzeny[_2_] August 21st 08 10:15 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Here is a Club for Nash Ramblers in case your cap is pre AMC Rambler.
Someone at one of these clubs is bound to be able to identify your
hubcap.

http://www.nashcarclub.org/

Otto Skorzeny[_2_] August 22nd 08 12:02 AM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

uPON FURTHER INVESTIGATION, I see that that style "R" was first used
in 1961. Previous Ramblers (those made by Nash before AMC) uded a
script "R" in the same font as The Nash "N" and the Metropolitan "M".

This eliminates 1950 thru 1960. Hope this helps.

leeana August 22nd 08 03:20 AM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Thanks so much everyone! I have 6 of these in pristine condition.

Ken Doyle August 23rd 08 05:28 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

1967 Rambler American. See:
http://www.bobbittville.com/Rambler-...attSchmitz.jpg

I think 1966 might be the same.

Ken D.

Otto Skorzeny[_2_] August 24th 08 02:31 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Very good. 1967 looks correct.

It looks like those a re probably the standard hubcaps for the base
model. The more expensive models or optioned up models likely have
full wheel covers.

Otto Skorzeny[_2_] August 24th 08 03:03 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Here's a 1965 Rambler with the same hubcaps. Ken is probably correct
about them being used for multiple years. They do seem to be found on
the base models only.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/816440

Ken Doyle August 24th 08 06:13 PM

need help with Rambler Hub Cap ID

Careful, I drive a '65 and the '65 you show has the wrong year full wheel
covers on it.

Ken D.