AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   93 saturn SL2 ABS woes (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=35413)

[email protected] June 14th 05 07:07 AM

93 saturn SL2 ABS woes

I have an annoying abs problem... My abs passes initial startup tests,
but as soon as I get over 15MPH the abs light comes on..Here are a few
things that I have noticed:

1. The brakes do make the acuatating clunk noise when i first
accelerate

2. I have cleaned all 4 wire connections to the sensors

3. have replaced the front wheel sensors with brand new ones; so maybe
one of the rear sensors is bad?? (I hope not)I had no front wheel
sensors for about a week, and the abs light didn't light didn't turn on
until about 35mph, but after replacing the two front sensors the light
clicks on immediatley after about 15mph..

4. i haven't noticed any flucuations in power, I have replaced the
battery with a brand new one, battery connections are all clean....

5. i tried disconnecting the battery , and the mini-fuses/maxifuses in
attempt to reset the diagnostic computer.....

6. i have noticed that sometimes taking the car through the car wash,
will temporairly eliminate the problem.....seems weird to me

any ideas are appreciated......

as a a last resort,anyone have any good recommendations for an obd
scanner for this car??/

THANKS,

CHAD

[email protected] June 14th 05 09:01 PM

heres an update:

I bought an obd scanner, it spit out error codes 81(abs communication
fault) and 26(quad module fault)

justastreekin June 15th 05 02:11 AM

I have a 93 sl2 and the rear wire ABS section that goes between chassis and
rear wheel had a bad wire, in a bad wire i mean the wire was of poor grade
wire inside of the insulation i pealed the insulation and the wire inside
was coroded throug out the entire length of that piece of wire
I picked up another one at salage yard , hope this helps !

[email protected] June 26th 05 06:56 AM

I went through and double checked all the wheels, My luck i found a
severed front wire... I just ordered a new one from the dealer, so
hopefully i'll have it in the next few days.....

[email protected] July 5th 05 11:16 PM

I replaced the wire and no more abs problems yet....