AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Had to share - our Flex vs the Porsche... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=374300)

John S.[_1_] August 14th 12 12:42 PM

Had to share - our Flex vs the Porsche...

Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c

Enjoy!

Dickr August 15th 12 12:32 AM

On 8/14/2012 6:42 AM, John S. wrote:
> Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c
>
> Enjoy!

John, is that the Flex that you purchased for your wife?
:-)
Dick in MN

WindsorFox[_5_] August 15th 12 12:52 AM

On 8/14/2012 06:42, John S. wrote:
> Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c
>
> Enjoy!

That had to sting. Must have been a newb, the guy had to show him
how to stage.

WindsorFox[_5_] August 15th 12 12:57 AM

On 8/14/2012 18:32, Dickr wrote:
> On 8/14/2012 6:42 AM, John S. wrote:
>> Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our
>> Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche
>> owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to
>> that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new
>> Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c
>>
>> Enjoy!

> John, is that the Flex that you purchased for your wife?
> :-)
> Dick in MN

I wonder if his wife could get a better R/T?? :oP

John S.[_1_] August 15th 12 01:09 PM

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:32:03 PM UTC, Dickr wrote:
> On 8/14/2012 6:42 AM, John S. wrote:
>
> > Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c

> > Enjoy!

> John, is that the Flex that you purchased for your wife?
>
> :-)
>
> Dick in MN

Yep,it's the wife's... although when I tell people it's the wife's, she always says it's not... that's when I tell her, "You get custody Monday through Friday... I get it on the WEEKENDS!!!" LOL!

John S.[_1_] August 15th 12 01:18 PM

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:52:51 PM UTC, WindsorFox<SS> wrote:
> On 8/14/2012 06:42, John S. wrote:
>
> > Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c

> > Enjoy!

> That had to sting. Must have been a newb, the guy had to show him
>
> how to stage.

Yeah, he was trying to keep a stiff upper lip when we were talking afterwords... but you could tell he was disappointed!

He actually didn't do to bad for a newbie... I've seen a lot of newbie's try to stage with their REAR tires! LOL! He also drove straight through the water instead of going around it. He actually had a pretty good R/T... it was .14x i think... Mine was pretty crappy on that particular pass.

He ran a 14.2 to my 13.5.... and with the heat and humidity, we were both off a solid .5... so with better weather would bput the Porsche in the 13.7 range... which i'm not sure, but I seem to think that is about right for that car..

[email protected][_2_] August 16th 12 01:42 AM

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:42:02 AM UTC-5, John S. wrote:
> Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c

Gotta be one of the best sleepers ever.

Patrick

John S.[_1_] August 16th 12 03:03 PM

On Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:42:17 AM UTC, wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:42:02 AM UTC-5, John S. wrote:
>
> > Ok... just had to share this fun little video I made last week of our Ford Flex EcoBoost running against a Porsche Cayman S. The Porsche owner did come over afterwords to ask me "What the hell did you do to that thing?" LOL! Think he was a bit shocked and disappointed his new Porsche lost to a 5000 pound BRICK!

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLw4PKKT_c

> Gotta be one of the best sleepers ever.
>

> Patrick
>

> > Enjoy!

Thanks! I actually had a guy come up to me in the pits that just the week before he was trying to explain to his son what a "sleeper" was... he then got a big smile, pointed to the Flex and said, "Now THAT is a sleeper!" LOL