AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you a Prepper? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=440501)

[email protected] May 20th 18 09:15 PM

Are you a Prepper?

preppersgab.com A working vehicle could be the difference between life and death once an EMP event strikes: Top 10 vehicles for your EMP survival

Heron[_2_] May 20th 18 09:51 PM

Are you a Prepper?

On 5/20/2018 3:15 PM, wrote:
> preppersgab.com A working vehicle could be the difference between life and death once an EMP event strikes: Top 10 vehicles for your EMP survival

Clown. "The living will envy the dead."

dsi1[_11_] May 20th 18 11:34 PM

Are you a Prepper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zXajYDnprQ

Paul in Houston TX[_2_] May 21st 18 12:33 AM

Are you a Prepper?

wrote:
> preppersgab.com A working vehicle could be the difference between life and death once an EMP event strikes: Top 10 vehicles for your EMP survival

Doesn't matter since there won't be any fuel or food, and no where to go anyways.

[email protected] May 21st 18 05:44 PM

Are you a Prepper?

On Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 6:33:12 PM UTC-5, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> wrote:
> > preppersgab.com A working vehicle could be the difference between life and death once an EMP event strikes: Top 10 vehicles for your EMP survival

> Doesn't matter since there won't be any fuel or food, and no where to go anyways.

Some people say, Get a Horse!
http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/watch...way/1190576428 ...Sometimes in Ireland people have trotting sulkeys hooked up to their horses and they go trotting on public roads.

Paul in Houston TX[_2_] May 22nd 18 12:58 AM

Are you a Prepper?

wrote:
>>> preppersgab.com A working vehicle could be the difference between life and
>>> death once an EMP event strikes: Top 10 vehicles for your EMP survival

>> Doesn't matter since there won't be any fuel or food, and no where to go anyways.

> Some people say, Get a Horse!

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/watch...way/1190576428
> ...Sometimes in Ireland people have trotting sulkeys hooked up to their horses and they
> go trotting on public roads.

And in an emergency you can eat your ride.

[email protected] May 23rd 18 10:11 AM

Are you a Prepper?

On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 7:33:12 AM UTC+8, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

> Doesn't matter since there won't be any fuel or food, and no where to go anyways.

A techno-apocalypse would be worst of all if you live in the USA.
You might want to get far away from you gung-ho neighbour, who owns 8 guns.

[email protected] May 23rd 18 06:48 PM

Are you a Prepper?

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 4:11:15 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Monday, May 21, 2018 at 7:33:12 AM UTC+8, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> >
> > Doesn't matter since there won't be any fuel or food, and no where to go anyways.

> A techno-apocalypse would be worst of all if you live in the USA.
> You might want to get far away from you gung-ho neighbour, who owns 8 guns.

If you look around on jimstone.is website. Pertaining to EMPs, he says don't sweat it.

dsi1[_11_] May 23rd 18 07:31 PM

Are you a Prepper?

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 7:48:52 AM UTC-10, wrote:

> If you look around on jimstone.is website. Pertaining to EMPs, he says don't sweat it.

This would be true. The electromagnetic pulses would come from nuclear devices detonated fairly distant from the earth's surface. My guess is that your cell phones, wide screen TVs, computers and other consumer electronic devices will stop working forever. Don't sweat it.

What you should be sweating is many nuclear devices raining down and detonating a few miles above your head a short time later. My suggestion is that you just walk outside to receive your salvation i.e., a quick death.