AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I've just had a (thankfully) rare visit to a main dealer (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=64843)

SteveH May 11th 06 04:42 PM

I've just had a (thankfully) rare visit to a main dealer

...... to order a pair of aircon pipes for the 156.

Now, call me old fashioned, but shouldn't the bloke on the parts desk be
able to identify which bits you need, rather than the customer having to
work it out for themselves?

Needless to say, they're only having my money for the parts, I'm not
letting them anywhere near the car.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

John, UK. May 11th 06 09:56 PM

I've just had a (thankfully) rare visit to a main dealer

Now, call me old fashioned, but shouldn't the bloke on the parts desk
be
able to identify which bits you need, rather than the customer having
work it out for themselves?

Hi Steve,
When I had my 146 1.6cc Boxer I had to get an oil filter for it.
When I went to the Alfa dealer parts dept. and asked for an oil filter
for a 1.6 boxer engine, the guy said "what's a boxer?" in dealers
nothing surprises me.
John,UK.

R D S May 11th 06 10:05 PM

I've just had a (thankfully) rare visit to a main dealer

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> ..... to order a pair of aircon pipes for the 156.
>
> Now, call me old fashioned, but shouldn't the bloke on the parts desk be
> able to identify which bits you need, rather than the customer having to
> work it out for themselves?

Fekkin 'ell, sounds like the Hyundai dealer I used to use.

cupra May 11th 06 10:20 PM

R D S wrote:
> "SteveH" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> ..... to order a pair of aircon pipes for the 156.
>>
>> Now, call me old fashioned, but shouldn't the bloke on the parts
>> desk be able to identify which bits you need, rather than the
>> customer having to work it out for themselves?

> Fekkin 'ell, sounds like the Hyundai dealer I used to use.

My nearest main dealer is a Hyundai dealer too - I often wonder about
it.....

DrLargePants May 12th 06 08:51 AM

I've just had a (thankfully) rare visit to a main dealer

> My nearest main dealer is a Hyundai dealer too - I often wonder about
> it.....

Its not ES Jones is it ?

cupra May 12th 06 12:23 PM

DrLargePants wrote:
>> My nearest main dealer is a Hyundai dealer too - I often wonder about
>> it.....

> Its not ES Jones is it ?

Nope - Simonstones in Bristol.

DrLargePants May 12th 06 01:00 PM

I've just had a (thankfully) rare visit to a main dealer

> > Its not ES Jones is it ?
>
> Nope - Simonstones in Bristol.

LOL! Couldn't be much further if you tried!