AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   166 3.0V6 Rough Idle (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=5)

m.knox100 April 25th 04 08:08 PM

166 3.0V6 Rough Idle

Hi. I have recently fixed a 3.0 V6 engine after it had taken up water. I
replaced 2 conrods, pistions and liners. When i started it up first time it
was very noisy. Hydraulic tappets weren't something or other. Well after
about 30 miles they have quietened down. But now there is another problem -
a rough idle and an orange light on the dash. It looks like the outline of
an engine and when i first noticed it it just flashed when i stopped the car
at junctions but now it is on before i even start the car. Does anyhbody
know what this light means and what I should do? Thanks