AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Looking for a 63 block. (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34743)

David June 7th 05 05:40 PM

Looking for a 63 block.

I am looking for a 1963 Corvette block with a date stamp anywhere from
March 25th through April 10th.

Dave in Lake Villa June 8th 05 12:14 AM

I think youll be very lucky just to get ANY 1963 block., let alone
within 2 weeks.

StingRay June 8th 05 02:14 AM

"David" > wrote in message
>I am looking for a 1963 Corvette block with a date stamp anywhere from
> March 25th through April 10th.

David, I have a '63 Roadster that I pulled my original engine out of about 4
years ago and dropped in a ZZ4 crate engine. My buddies were running B.B.
Chevies and I wanted more H.P. to keep up to them. I kept the original #'s
match engine, just in case I ever decided to sell the car or convert it back
to original. But frankly, I'm having too much fun with the ZZ4, so I might
consider selling the 327. Just prior to dropping the ZZ4 into it, I had the
original 327 completely rebuilt with a steel crank and flat top pistons and
topped it off with a rebuilt Carter WCFB. The engine was a strong runner.
My 327 is the 250 H.P. (RC) version. The engine is sitting in my garage on a
new engine stand.I know that my car was a June/63 build, but I don't recall
how to determine the build date of the engine. Is there a stamping somewhere
that I should be looking for?

David June 8th 05 03:34 AM

Thanks for the reply...I am usually lucky...

David June 8th 05 03:40 AM

Thanks for the reply.
There is a date code stamped on the rear right side (top) for the
engine. Your car having been built in June would have an engine with
too late of a date code. The block I am looking for is late March =
Cxx3 or early April = Dx3.
Thanks

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:14:51 -0400, "StingRay" >
wrote:

.. .

StingRay June 8th 05 03:49 AM

"David" > wrote in message

> Thanks for the reply.
> There is a date code stamped on the rear right side (top) for the
> engine. Your car having been built in June would have an engine with
> too late of a date code. The block I am looking for is late March =
> Cxx3 or early April = Dx3.
> Thanks

Yep, you're right on David. Mine reads E163. I assume that means May 16/63.
Does that sound right?

Tom in Missouri June 8th 05 05:11 AM

Hey, StingRay, try this:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/D.../matchnos.html

About halfway down you will find a diagram of an engine block.

I also have a friend looking. Let me know what your date code is and also
what all the numbers on the stamp pad in front are.

WayneC June 8th 05 07:27 AM

StingRay wrote:
> "David" > wrote in message
>

>>Thanks for the reply.
>>There is a date code stamped on the rear right side (top) for the
>>engine. Your car having been built in June would have an engine with
>>too late of a date code. The block I am looking for is late March =
>>Cxx3 or early April = Dx3.
>>Thanks
>>

> Yep, you're right on David. Mine reads E163. I assume that means May 16/63.
> Does that sound right?

Yes, that's correct.

David June 8th 05 10:08 PM

That is correct....

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 22:49:03 -0400, "StingRay" >
wrote:

.. .

StingRay June 9th 05 12:08 AM

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Hey, StingRay, try this:
> http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/D.../matchnos.html
>
> About halfway down you will find a diagram of an engine block.
>
> I also have a friend looking. Let me know what your date code is and also
> what all the numbers on the stamp pad in front are.

Thanks for the link Tom! I've bookmarked it. As mentioned in another post,
my date code is E163 and the numbers on the front pad are my partial V.I.N.
# and F0521RC. Let me know if your friend is interested. Thanks again.
StingRay