AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   2000 A4 Avant 1.8t Sport UK - Reset "Service!" Message? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=142166)

Marcus Redd April 10th 07 07:43 PM

2000 A4 Avant 1.8t Sport UK - Reset "Service!" Message?

Hi,

Is it possible to reset this by a combination of buttons pushes or
something?

I've just tried a couple of methods found via Google but they don't work for
me.

Cheers!

Pete[_2_] April 10th 07 09:10 PM

2000 A4 Avant 1.8t Sport UK - Reset "Service!" Message?

"Marcus Redd"wrote
> Is it possible to reset this by a combination of buttons pushes or
> something?
>
> I've just tried a couple of methods found via Google but they don't work
> for me.

Did you try this?
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec107.shtml

It's for an '01, but the instrument cluster should be the same as on an '00.

Pete

Marcus Redd April 10th 07 09:43 PM

"Pete" > wrote in message
> "Marcus Redd"wrote
>> Is it possible to reset this by a combination of buttons pushes or
>> something?
>>
>> I've just tried a couple of methods found via Google but they don't work
>> for me.

> Did you try this?
> http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec107.shtml
>
> It's for an '01, but the instrument cluster should be the same as on an
> '00.
>
> Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, I tried that one - couldn't get it to work.

Cheers!

b[_1_] April 11th 07 01:30 AM

2000 A4 Avant 1.8t Sport UK - Reset "Service!" Message?

There are instructions in the owner's manual if you have it. I just reset
mine.

Marcus Redd April 11th 07 09:37 AM

"b" > wrote in message

> There are instructions in the owner's manual if you have it. I just reset
> mine.

Oh! Ok, I'll have a look there... thanks!