AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The New Ultimate! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=373663)

[email protected][_2_] May 25th 12 03:47 PM

The New Ultimate!

Laugh at sport bikes and euro "exotics." Check out this beast and
marvel at the numbers -- 1,200 HP and only 2,700 pounds, plus street
legal. God bless America.

Patrick

[email protected][_2_] May 25th 12 04:08 PM

The New Ultimate!

On May 25, 9:47*am, "
> wrote:
> Laugh at sport bikes and euro "exotics." *Check out this beast and
> marvel at the numbers -- 1,200 HP and only 2,700 pounds, plus street
> legal. *God bless America.

The following link will get you to the Hennesy Venom -- just scroll
down a bit.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...-shelby-gt500/

Patrick

[email protected][_2_] May 25th 12 05:03 PM

The New Ultimate!

On May 25, 10:08*am, "
> wrote:
> On May 25, 9:47*am, "
>
> > wrote:
> > Laugh at sport bikes and euro "exotics." *Check out this beast and
> > marvel at the numbers -- 1,200 HP and only 2,700 pounds, plus street
> > legal. *God bless America.

> The following link will get you to the Hennesy Venom -- just scroll
> down a bit.
>
> http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...-drives-the-20...

Here's something that really frightening:

"As the speedo needle flashes past 200mph, I realise something truly
unbelievable is happening: the little yellow car, still accelerating
faster than a bullet, is producing so much torque that both rear
wheels have broken traction and started to spin. What the...?

Easing back on the throttle, the turbo wastegates burst open and the
Venom GT instantly regains its composure, like a bulldog that has just
bitten your arm off then fallen asleep. Unlike me. I can't quite
believe what just happened. I've driven pretty much every supercar on
sale over the past 25 years, but not one of them has accelerated
anything like the Venom. Not the Bugatti Veyron. Not even the Shelby
Supercars Ultimate Aero, which I stepped out of just a few minutes
before."

At 200 mph the car can still break traction, with 800 pounds of down
force. Even the guys at NASA or fighter jet pilots would be
impressed.

Patrick

[email protected][_2_] May 25th 12 05:20 PM

The New Ultimate!

On May 25, 11:03*am, "
> wrote:
> On May 25, 10:08*am, "
>
> > wrote:
> > On May 25, 9:47*am, "

> > > wrote:
> > > Laugh at sport bikes and euro "exotics." *Check out this beast and
> > > marvel at the numbers -- 1,200 HP and only 2,700 pounds, plus street
> > > legal. *God bless America.

> > The following link will get you to the Hennesy Venom -- just scroll
> > down a bit.

> >http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...-drives-the-20...

> Here's something that really frightening:
>
> "As the speedo needle flashes past 200mph, I realise something truly
> unbelievable is happening: the little yellow car, still accelerating
> faster than a bullet, is producing so much torque that both rear
> wheels have broken traction and started to spin. What the...?
>
> Easing back on the throttle, the turbo wastegates burst open and the
> Venom GT instantly regains its composure, like a bulldog that has just
> bitten your arm off then fallen asleep. Unlike me. I can't quite
> believe what just happened. I've driven pretty much every supercar on
> sale over the past 25 years, but not one of them has accelerated
> anything like the Venom. Not the Bugatti Veyron. Not even the Shelby
> Supercars Ultimate Aero, which I stepped out of just a few minutes
> before."
>
> At 200 mph the car can still break traction, with 800 pounds of down
> force. *Even the guys at NASA or fighter jet pilots would be
> impressed.

Another informative video.

http://blog.roadandtrack.com/tags/hennessey-venom-gt/

Patrick

WindsorFox[_5_] May 27th 12 10:46 AM

The New Ultimate!

On 5/25/2012 11:03, wrote:

> Here's something that really frightening:
>
> "As the speedo needle flashes past 200mph, I realise something truly
> unbelievable is happening: the little yellow car, still accelerating
> faster than a bullet, is producing so much torque that both rear
> wheels have broken traction and started to spin. What the...?
>
> Easing back on the throttle, the turbo wastegates burst open and the
> Venom GT instantly regains its composure, like a bulldog that has just
> bitten your arm off then fallen asleep. Unlike me. I can't quite
> believe what just happened. I've driven pretty much every supercar on
> sale over the past 25 years, but not one of them has accelerated
> anything like the Venom. Not the Bugatti Veyron. Not even the Shelby
> Supercars Ultimate Aero, which I stepped out of just a few minutes
> before."
>
> At 200 mph the car can still break traction, with 800 pounds of down
> force. Even the guys at NASA or fighter jet pilots would be
> impressed.
>
> Patrick

lol not even enough time for him to wet himself...