AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yeh, there all like that! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=406487)

John[_28_] November 2nd 14 09:24 AM

Yeh, there all like that!

I look at a few other similar sites to Ramva and its so common to hear
someone comment that their "official" Service Manager just says "Yeh,
their all like that" in response to some fault and shows them the door.
Makes me laugh when after 20 years of having the sticky seatbelt catch on my
Squareback, I took it to bits and the little spring that keeps tension on
the tongue that locks the seatbelt
in place had been misassembled from Day 1and was cocked over causing the
"stickiness". I can just imagine the bloke in 1970 going back for a repair
and the Service Manager saying
"Yeh, their all like that". The other way of locking the pin into the Pump
housing is to put a few centre punch on the side of the pin. On both sides.
Just locks it in place.
Trouble is with the number of Johns. In Australia most blokes born from 1940
or so to 1955 were either John or Jim. Doesn,t even make the most popular
name list anywhere any more.
John