AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Cooling vanes in fan shroud (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=170662)

[email protected] July 2nd 07 07:30 PM

Cooling vanes in fan shroud

Does anyone know if the thermostatically-controlled, cooling vanes
from an older non-doghouse fan shroud will fit a newer doghouse fan
shroud? Thanks!
David

[email protected][_1_] July 2nd 07 11:13 PM

Cooling vanes in fan shroud

On Jul 2, 2:30?pm, wrote:
> Does anyone know if the thermostatically-controlled, cooling vanes
> from an older non-doghouse fan shroud will fit a newer doghouse fan
> shroud? Thanks!
> David

The older style "dog house" used a cooling ring 1964 down (USA
versions) but the fins from a late model will fit the mid 1964 and up
40 hp engines.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

[email protected] July 4th 07 01:05 AM

Cooling vanes in fan shroud

On Jul 2, 6:13?pm, " > wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2:30?pm, wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know if the thermostatically-controlled, cooling vanes
> > from an older non-doghouse fan shroud will fit a newer doghouse fan
> > shroud? Thanks!
> > David

> The older style "dog house" used a cooling ring 1964 down (USA
> versions) but the fins from a late model will fit the mid 1964 and up
> 40 hp engines.
>
> Mario
> Vintage Werks resto

Thanks! My 1969 VW is a standard Type 1 which didn't have the
doghouse but I have a new 1600 DP engine and the fan shroud that
replaced the original did not have the vanes so I'm reinstalling them
as I drive on the interstate a lot in the summer.
David