AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Door mirrors (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=337673)

GT[_11_] September 22nd 09 04:41 PM

Door mirrors

Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I be
concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

Catman September 22nd 09 06:05 PM

Door mirrors

GT wrote:
> Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
> Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
> bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I be
> concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

No, HTH :)

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

GT[_11_] September 22nd 09 06:15 PM

Door mirrors

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
>> Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
>> bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I
>> be concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

> No, HTH :)

About what I thought. Just thought I would check!

Catman September 22nd 09 09:08 PM

Door mirrors

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> Both my door mirror mounts have completely shed their 'black' now. My old
>>> Fiat Marea did this too. I'm not too bothered about it as the resulting
>>> bauxite (corroded aluminium) looks like chrome from a distance! Should I
>>> be concerned? Are the mirrors likely to fall off?!?

>> No, HTH :)

> About what I thought. Just thought I would check!

I got one cheap on ebay. £35 IIRC. I only bought it cos of the temp
sensor though, the aircon stops working without.