member under the motor. How hard would it be to replace the metal or should
I try and find new one or just upgrade with costume front end with all new
suspension and a arms. Ant sudjestions is welcome

Ryan West January 21st 05 03:27 AM

A couple on YMR is doing there 73 and its got a lot of rot. check out these
forum threads they have posted to get an idea of what your in for. The links
are in reverse order. the first link is the most recent and the last link is
from when they just started. They ve done some other stuff but i dont have a
lot of time to go back thru the forum and find all there posts. Hope these
help you a little bit. If anything they will give you an idea of what your
are in for.

Ryan
http://www.ymrforums.com/showthread.php?t=10981

http://www.ymrforums.com/showthread.php?t=10921

http://www.ymrforums.com/showthread.php?t=10910

Brent P January 21st 05 04:00 AM

In article >, wrote:
> hey there I am wondering what to do with my wifes 73 coupe. I am redoing it
> for he and I noticed that the front end is rotted out under the main cross
> member under the motor. How hard would it be to replace the metal or should
> I try and find new one or just upgrade with costume front end with all new
> suspension and a arms. Ant sudjestions is welcome

It would be helpful if you could put a picture of it up on the web
somewhere. With rust it's best to see a picture to see what you are
talking about. Because otherwise the answer is, 'it depends'. :)

Scott Van Nest January 21st 05 02:09 PM

that cross member under the motor is a beefy piece. if it is any more than
surface rust then total replacement is the only way to go. I am in the
process, actually this afternoon, of finishing replacement the entire front
end of my '71. I bought all Mustang Plus HW. GrabATrak parts. I will post
in a couple days how everything went. Last night was the trip to the
autoparts store to pick up a forged spring compressor. broke a cast one
yesterday. damn Steves Wholesale. With all new parts, uppers and lowers,
It seems I have to compress the springs an additional 1 inch to get them
back in. maybe its the 1 1/8 swaybar not giving at all.

I can't freaken wait to drive it. If it starts after two months of sitting.

Scott