AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Accord (87) Water Leak nr front door (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11168)

Graham_S October 28th 04 06:27 PM

Accord (87) Water Leak nr front door

Anybody had this ?

I have water leaking into the driver footwell (RHD) only when it is
raining.

It seems to be dribbling in onto the plastic kick panel near my right
foot.

There is no sunroof in the car.

Any suggestion would be most helpfull, as this is a right pain in the neck
!

Thanks,

Graham S

john October 28th 04 10:51 PM

In article <edf2bc387d5bcbd4b96ee2fb8b0b8573
@localhost.talkaboutautos.com>, says...
> Anybody had this ?
>
> I have water leaking into the driver footwell (RHD) only when it is
> raining.
>
> It seems to be dribbling in onto the plastic kick panel near my right
> foot.
>
> There is no sunroof in the car.
>
> Any suggestion would be most helpfull, as this is a right pain in the neck
> !

this problem is well known. what the factory did was to no apply enough
sealant to the section where the cowl and side body member join. It's
also an area that promotes pooling of water. Over time it becomes rusted
and the metal sections decay allowing water to drip down into the
interior. The best fix is to remove the fender and the section cover
near the cowl. Once you find the decay, treat it to stop the rust then
fix that decay area. I used caulk but there are better ways I'm sure.
I think it was reported by the company as a recall matter so the dealer
might fix it, I dont know for sure on that.

Ricky Spartacus October 29th 04 01:26 PM

"Graham_S" > wrote in message lkaboutautos.com...

> Anybody had this ? I have water leaking into the driver footwell
>(RHD) only when it is raining. It seems to be dribbling in onto the
>plastic kick panel near my right foot. There is no sunroof in the car.
>Any suggestion would be most helpfull, as this is a right pain in the
>neck Thanks, Graham S

Could be coming from the antenna.

boyz November 2nd 04 07:10 PM

I had the same problem. How did you finally solve yours?

Thanks.
boyz

boyz November 2nd 04 07:10 PM

boyz November 2nd 04 07:13 PM

I have the same problem. How did you finally solve yours?

Thanks.
boyz