AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 Cargo net size (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=361980)

GT[_14_] September 30th 10 03:42 PM

156 Cargo net size

Anyone know if the cargo net accessory is the same size for the 156 saloon
(2002) as the estate? (The stretchy net thingy that clips into the bottom of
the boot to stop your pint of milk and mars bar from rolling around)

Catman September 30th 10 04:31 PM

156 Cargo net size

GT wrote:
> Anyone know if the cargo net accessory is the same size for the 156 saloon
> (2002) as the estate? (The stretchy net thingy that clips into the bottom of
> the boot to stop your pint of milk and mars bar from rolling around)

I bought one from Halfrauds for the GT. £12.99. Many hooks for great
stretchy fittingness.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

GT[_14_] September 30th 10 10:35 PM

156 Cargo net size

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> Anyone know if the cargo net accessory is the same size for the 156
>> saloon (2002) as the estate? (The stretchy net thingy that clips into the
>> bottom of the boot to stop your pint of milk and mars bar from rolling
>> around)

> I bought one from Halfrauds for the GT. £12.99. Many hooks for great
> stretchy fittingness.

What do they call it - all i can find on their website is cargo nets for
roof-racks and trailers.

Oh - and any idea if the 156 would cope (or I would copy) with a non-spoiler
wiper on the driver's side?

Catman October 1st 10 08:22 AM

156 Cargo net size

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> Anyone know if the cargo net accessory is the same size for the 156
>>> saloon (2002) as the estate? (The stretchy net thingy that clips into the
>>> bottom of the boot to stop your pint of milk and mars bar from rolling
>>> around)

>> I bought one from Halfrauds for the GT. £12.99. Many hooks for great
>> stretchy fittingness.

> What do they call it - all i can find on their website is cargo nets for
> roof-racks and trailers.

I *think* it was this one

Halfords 12 Hook Luggage Net Cat code: 249185-0

> Oh - and any idea if the 156 would cope (or I would copy) with a non-spoiler
> wiper on the driver's side?

I never had spoilers[1]. Wipers were crap at anything above 80 though.

[1] Do your worst.

GT[_14_] October 1st 10 10:01 AM

156 Cargo net size

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>>> I bought one from Halfrauds for the GT. £12.99. Many hooks for great
>>> stretchy fittingness.

>> What do they call it - all i can find on their website is cargo nets for
>> roof-racks and trailers.

> I *think* it was this one
>
> Halfords 12 Hook Luggage Net Cat code: 249185-0

Aha - that is the roof rack one! I had just dismissed them as being
different things!

>> Oh - and any idea if the 156 would cope (or I would copy) with a
>> non-spoiler wiper on the driver's side?

> I never had spoilers[1]. Wipers were crap at anything above 80 though.
>
> [1] Do your worst.

Mine has always had the 22"S wipers on the drivers side. I don't tend to go
much over 75 in the spray or rain anyway, so maybe I'll just get the non-S
versions.

Thanks,
GT

Catman October 3rd 10 01:40 PM

156 Cargo net size

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:
>>> What do they call it - all i can find on their website is cargo nets for
>>> roof-racks and trailers.

>> I *think* it was this one
>>
>> Halfords 12 Hook Luggage Net Cat code: 249185-0

> Aha - that is the roof rack one! I had just dismissed them as being
> different things!

They might well be, but I went into the shop and thought 'Hmmm, that
looks like it'll do the job'

>>> Oh - and any idea if the 156 would cope (or I would copy) with a
>>> non-spoiler wiper on the driver's side?

>> I never had spoilers[1]. Wipers were crap at anything above 80 though.
>>
>> [1] Do your worst.

TBH I was expecting a list of comments about pram handles.

> Mine has always had the 22"S wipers on the drivers side. I don't tend to go
> much over 75 in the spray or rain anyway, so maybe I'll just get the non-S
> versions.

Cool

GT[_14_] October 4th 10 10:54 AM

156 Cargo net size

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>>> I *think* it was this one
>>>
>>> Halfords 12 Hook Luggage Net Cat code: 249185-0

>> Aha - that is the roof rack one! I had just dismissed them as being
>> different things!

> They might well be, but I went into the shop and thought 'Hmmm, that looks
> like it'll do the job'

>>> I never had spoilers[1]. Wipers were crap at anything above 80 though.
>>>
>>> [1] Do your worst.

> TBH I was expecting a list of comments about pram handles.

I was restrained! I have seen the photos of your beer shelf, but didn't want
to alienate you - your advice and help here is useful!

Catman October 4th 10 11:54 AM

156 Cargo net size

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:

>>> Aha - that is the roof rack one! I had just dismissed them as being
>>> different things!

>> They might well be, but I went into the shop and thought 'Hmmm, that looks
>> like it'll do the job'

>> TBH I was expecting a list of comments about pram handles.

> I was restrained! I have seen the photos of your beer shelf, but didn't want
> to alienate you - your advice and help here is useful!

LOL. SteveH is on holiday :)

GT[_14_] October 5th 10 09:48 AM

156 Cargo net size

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:

>>> They might well be, but I went into the shop and thought 'Hmmm, that
>>> looks like it'll do the job'

>>> TBH I was expecting a list of comments about pram handles.

>> I was restrained! I have seen the photos of your beer shelf, but didn't
>> want to alienate you - your advice and help here is useful!

> LOL. SteveH is on holiday :)

I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.

;-)

Catman October 5th 10 03:08 PM

156 Cargo net size

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> GT wrote:

>>> I was restrained! I have seen the photos of your beer shelf, but didn't
>>> want to alienate you - your advice and help here is useful!

>> LOL. SteveH is on holiday :)

> I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
> I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
> I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
> I must not reply with a 'spoiler' insult.
>
> ;-)

:)